Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spammers spam the wrong person.

• 07-06-2000 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

http://belps.freewebsites.com/

These are the ****ers who are responsible for the Diploma spam amoung other things.

Seems some hacker went to town on them.

(fixed the URL, apprantly there are tons of mirrors).

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 07-06-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Wow...

Just finished most of the site. I'm going to be giving them all a phonecall and ask them to stop spamming me (including the Diploma muppets).

What's amazing a lot of the stuff is only a few days old which means they are still being hacked and have no clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

are you sure that's real and not just someone's idea of a , granted well thought out, joke?

I mean, imagine the amount of complaints and 'revenge' those people listed must be getting. Would strike me as a pretty good way to get at someone I didn't like.

If it's true, it's classic!

PS. where's those pics in the 'getting brutal' section come from? Surely no-ones going to leave those on their hard drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Wow, mad.

Twas /.'d immediately.

And as Lolth says, it could be a bad joke & we should be feeling sorry for the alleged spammers. There were some dodged phrases used alright.
    Her whole company of spammers could be forging my domain! Ooooh no! Now I was dealing with multiple individuals. There was only one way to find out how many of them were forging my domain. I was going to have to hack them all! All of Premier Services!
    Over the next few weeks I spread like a silent wildfire through Rodona's computer network. The satellite spammers she had working in other locations met my silent attack as well.

Al.

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 07-06-2000).]

Someone should be able to verify these:
    Premier Services has been threatened by AOL lawyers to stop spamming AOL at least once. It didn't work.
    Premier Services has already been hauled in to court by the S.E.C for pump-n-dump. That didn't work either.

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Some of the theories going around are quite intresting.

Check out this thread

Some people feel it is actually the spam house who put the site up to protect them from legal action.

• Advertisement

Some mad stuff going on there.

I do think it was stupid to post the social security number; imagine if it did turn out to be a revenge attack.

btw remarq.com is good for news: it gives all the thread on one page, no clicking all over the shop.

Al.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Yo Hobbes,

That Diploma spam I keep getting from my Ireland.com email, 2 of them at a time.

Blade

Advertisement