Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joysticks

Options
  • 05-01-2002 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I'm mad in to emulators and have been for years. Particularly, C64 and retro arcade games like bubble bobble and the like. Anyways, one thing I hate about PC's are joysticks (not talking about joypads here). You can't get a normal old fashioned digital joystick like those for the amiga's, c64's and the ST's. Now, I have a **** cool joystick I got for my C64 and used it throughout. These joysticks can connect to serial ports in your PC's but you'd need to wire them up in some way. If anyone knows anything about this or knows of a site that might outline what to do, let me know.

cheers,
    tin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I'm sorry I don't have a URL, but I came across an adapter before which allowed you to connect MegaDrive, or SNES, joypads/sticks to your PC's standard gameport. Since I used the MegaDrive's joypads on my old C64 when I broke the joysticks (a regular occurance with that daily thompson decatelon or whatever it was), and they worked, I'd assume it'd work for connecting a C64 joystick to your PC.... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

it should work like that. i once used the atari2600 joystick to play sonic on the megadrive. worked great too as only one button is needed. ill see if i can find that product for ya.

Advertisement