Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man crushes boy with Audi Electric seat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Nothing really on Audi .. more the scumbags who did it to the child

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

GBX wrote: »
    Nothing really on Audi .. more the scumbags who did it to the child

Oh agree 100% but just how much would it have cost for a limit switch like on electric windows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Oh agree 100% but just how much would it have cost for a limit switch like on electric windows?

I guess it's all about risk.
    The electric window is all about accidental risk and probability.
    The seat wouldn't be considered a danger.
    This was a calculated action by those immbecils.

Jesus, this and many more similar stories make me so sad. How some people have kids and treat them in this manner, and other poor folk would give anything to have a child to love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Stupid misleading title OP:

Driving the car was Marcus Lamb, 22, while his then-girlfriend Emilie Williams, 19, was in the back of the car sitting beside Hoare.

what does the make and car even have to do with kids death if one was in the back as well. Should be scumbag parents killed their kid nothing to do with how far seat goes back prob would suffocated kid in other ways eventually :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Being an electric seat seems a moot point, as he would have done the same manually. Prison's too good for the likes of these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Quite alot of Audi drivers are just plain pretentious pricks anyway and Nissan Micra drivers don't know how to drive. Certain types of personality gravitate towards certain cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Tuco88

theguzman wrote: »
    Quite alot of Audi drivers are just plain pretentious pricks anyway and Nissan Micra drivers don't know how to drive. Certain types of personality gravitate towards certain cars.

Eh, What the actual Fu... ?

Era feck it's not even worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

As mentioned, prison is genuinely too good for their ilk.

Length of rope and a four foot drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Many ordinary things are dangerous if somebody tries to kill you with them. Car seats are one of those things, I dont think Audi are to blame here at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Spook_ie wrote: »

Electric windows move a 2kg piece of glass. The seat is probably 10kg and holds people up to 100KG+. With a dynamic heavy load like that a pressure switch could never know if you're fat or hitting something.

The child shouldn't have been travelling in a footwell. In a car seat this could never have happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It's a fact of life that freaky tragic deaths happen often involving young children. I find it a worthless exercise to apportion blame in such incidents. However dumb the parents were in this case it's a bit harsh to blame them for what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

AllForIt wrote: »
    It's a fact of life that freaky tragic deaths happen often involving young children. I find it a worthless exercise to apportion blame in such incidents. However dumb the parents were in this case it's a bit harsh to blame them for what happened.

If you didn't read the article, best to lead with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you should read the article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

“However, when Alfie made noise again, Waterson deliberately moved his seat back again, and kept it in that reversed position, squashing Alfie, as he again showed signs of breathing problems until he went ominously quiet.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

gctest50 wrote: »
    “However, when Alfie made noise again, Waterson deliberately moved his seat back again, and kept it in that reversed position, squashing Alfie, as he again showed signs of breathing problems until he went ominously quiet.”

+ " Following the incident the others in the car had been attacked-..."

Doesn't look good for the defendants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The bitch had a fitting last name at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

That's just horrific. The poor kid.

Electric seats move pretty slowly, so it would be extremely deliberate. Also even a manually operated seat with an adult of 70-110kg in the seat could do a lot of damage just slid on tracks, so I'm not really sure you can blame the mechanism. It's about the person who operated it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Why the **** do mothers seem to side with the culprits a lot of times in these cases.

Disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Wasn't according to the charges a freaky accident more a case of deliberate intentional harm.

As to people moaning about the thread title I would think a premium brand such as Audi etc. would have been able to afford a limit switch or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

theguzman wrote: »

F**k*** Clown

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The guy wasn't the kid's father. he was annoyed by the kid and pushed his seat backwards to squash him. The child was apparently crying out in pain and calling for their mother, who was sitting with them, but no-one did anything to stop what the guy was doing. There were also 2 other adults in the car.

This is all down to intent to harm, and not being bothered to protect a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

What a pair of vile evil bastards. Imagine killing a child like that. Imagine being that beautiful little baby boys mother. Watching him being killed and listening to him calling for the one person in the whole world who should have moved heaven and earth to protect him. She actually sat there and watched that vile maggot kill her baby. There’s no sentence long enough for them to serve.

I don't normally take to the internet to wish ill on strangers, but I hope that man dies screaming someday.

Poor little child, electric or manual didn't matter, yer man was gong to do him with something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

What an absolute kunt.

I'd take great pleasure in smashing his face in

The poor child........f.ucking hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

What a pair of vile evil bastards. Imagine killing a child like that. Imagine being that beautiful little baby boys mother. Watching him being killed and listening to him calling for the one person in the whole world who should have moved heaven and earth to protect him. She actually sat there and watched that vile maggot kill her baby. There’s no sentence long enough for them to serve.
    If they did that in the US they would be locked up and never let out. It's the UK though, so he'll probably get 8 years, out in 4 and she'll get a lighter sentence because she's a woman. Absolute scumbags the pair of them. Hopefully their attacks on the witness's will wake up the judge and they get a decent amount of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,809 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just to note I changed the thread title because it was a little misleading!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Beyond ****ing sickening...

Advertisement