Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭deezell

Not enough staff to cope with checking in bags, so have reverted to the old system where you bring the bag to the runway yourself. Which is a right pain in the butt if you’ve packed what you expected to be a checkin bag.

Does that include non priority cabin bags which have to be checked in for free. Does that mean you could bring it past the boarding gate lounge, sorry, shed, and then slip it on board?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭billie1b

Isn't it self service in Dublin now?

It is, there is staff, thats not the problem, the problem is that not everyone is reading their e-mails etc and proceeding to the gates without checking their bags in, causing the gate staff to check them in for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

joeysoap wrote: »
    Vouchers for airlines are bad news. If you give a voucher for €50. And they find a flight for €29.99. And so they buy priorit and a seat and it still comes to say €45/€46. They ‘lose’ the balance of €4/€5. As tricky posts - give cash.

That's not true, AerLingus is just a decreasing balance.
    pVC08kQ.png

Ryanair say that after redemption any unused gift voucher balances will be reissued to the voucher recipient as a new voucher with the original expiry date applicable.*

billie1b wrote: »
    It is, there is staff, thats not the problem, the problem is that not everyone is reading their e-mails etc and proceeding to the gates without checking their bags in, causing the gate staff to check them in for them.

In this case, they were told to take the bags themselves. They were at airport in plenty of time, but the queue was horrendous. I’ve never seen a self service bag drop for Ryanair in Dublin. They’d bought their tickets before the changes so were allowed check in a bag each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Self Service bag drop has been there for at least a year.

• Advertisement

In this case, they were told to take the bags themselves. They were at airport in plenty of time, but the queue was horrendous. I’ve never seen a self service bag drop for Ryanair in Dublin. They’d bought their tickets before the changes so were allowed check in a bag each.

Are you talking about today?

Are you talking about today?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭joeysoap

That's not true, AerLingus is just a decreasing balance.
    pVC08kQ.png

Ryanair say that after redemption any unused gift voucher balances will be reissued to the voucher recipient as a new voucher with the original expiry date applicable.*

Glad to hear this. They didn’t previously.

I love traveling, but it has gone to sh*te. Coats off, shoes off, que to security like cattle, print your own boarding pass , self service bag drop ( and tha was a war zone on 23rd) And that’s before you even get airside.

....Maybe I am just getting too old.

They are collecting €25 for each violation of that rule.

• Advertisement

They are collecting €25 for each violation of that rule.

Not today, they weren’t. My friends even brought their cases onto the plane!

Yes.

The baggage belt system went down today and it caused a major back log, so pax were offered to bring their bags to the gate instead of waiting to check them in, pax who were able to (due to no liquids etc) brought them down, pax that couldn't stayed queueing to get them checked in but were told there was a chance they might not make the flight. Any bags that were tagged at the gate were done for free or were brought on board

The baggage belt system went down today and it caused a major back log, so pax were offered to bring their bags to the gate instead of waiting to check them in, pax who were able to (due to no liquids etc) brought them down, pax that couldn't stayed queueing to get them checked in but were told there was a chance they might not make the flight. Any bags that were tagged at the gate were done for free or were brought on board

Thanks. That explains it.

According to airfleets RY to fit 200 seats in their new 737 max. 28” pitch between seats. I’m small but this is taking the piss (if true).

They are definitely enforcing the baggage policy.

I saw on Saturday several people being charged €25 for failing to check in their baggage at the check in desk.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, is there still a threat of strikes with Ryanair or are all issues resolved? I've a few flights to book, may, june etc and Aer Lingus also fly to the same destination but are more expensive. But if there is a risk of what we seen last summer with Ryanair I'll just pay the extra for Aer Lingus. TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

quick questions guys
    I got 2 tickets for the end March (Ryan air). I need to add 10kg checked bags but i don't get the option. am i simply stupid or has something changed?
    I only see "Add 20kg bags" @ €40

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

turniton wrote: »
    quick questions guys
    I got 2 tickets for the end March (Ryan air). I need to add 10kg checked bags but i don't get the option. am i simply stupid or has something changed?
    I only see "Add 20kg bags" @ €40

Have you booked priority?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Also notice the €6 priority and €8 10kg checked bag fees (when booked at time of booking flights) have been sneakily and quietly raised to €8 and €10 respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

Have you booked priority?

No, it was a website issue. I tried again 1 hour ago and it did allow me to purchase the 10 kg checked bags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Also notice the €6 priority and €8 10kg checked bag fees (when booked at time of booking flights) have been sneakily and quietly raised to €8 and €10 respectively.

I've seen €10 for either.

Does appear that people are paying it though.

On a recent trip made sense for us to book a 20kg checked in bag between 2 of us at €15 instead of 2 x €10.

Just booked Aer Lingus for our next trip so our bags are included.

I've seen €10 for either.

Does appear that people are paying it though.

On a recent trip made sense for us to book a 20kg checked in bag between 2 of us at €15 instead of 2 x €10.

Just booked Aer Lingus for our next trip so our bags are included.
    Dublin Amsterdam is €10 going out €8 coming back for the cabin bag. Why more going out? Vat?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Think it might be related to the number of bags already booked.

Effectively, to use betting jargon, Ryanair are giving aer lingus a €20 handicap between bags and seats if you have only cabin size bag(s) . This will change of course but for now......

For the first time in ages I am going to Malaga for a break later in the year.

Out RY - €61 Al €69 so effectively aer lingus is cheaper

Return: RY 205 (yes, really) AL €149.

I accept I don’t have seats with AL but I have never known them to allocate separate seats on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭thebiglad

joeysoap wrote: »

I accept I don’t have seats with AL but I have never known them to allocate separate seats on purpose.

You can check in 30 hours pre-flight and select your own seats - there is very little chance you won't get seats together.

For flight home either internet cafe of use the Aer Lingus App.

Don't stress about seats with EI

I agree with thebiglad and will go further and say you can get boarding passes at the airport. For some strange reason you can’t use mobile boarding at Faro, but what you can do is check in on your mobile, get your seats sorted and turn up at the airport and get your boarding passes for those seats. Ry and EJ mobile passes are ok at Faro.

Italian regulators have told Ryanair to shove their cabin bag policy up their hole, (in a manner of speaking).
    “The request for supplementary pay for an essential element of air transport, such as hand baggage, provides a false representation of the real ticket price ... misleading the consumer,” sez they. Oh, and a €3M fine. Take that, Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

deezell wrote: »
    Italian regulators have told Ryanair to shove their cabin bag policy up their hole, (in a manner of speaking).
    “The request for supplementary pay for an essential element of air transport, such as hand baggage, provides a false representation of the real ticket price ... misleading the consumer,” sez they. Oh, and a €3M fine. Take that, Michael.

They're certainly not the first airline to do it, and the €3M fine is bizzare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Just on a flight here in Budapest. There were several chancers in the non priority queue with Rollie bags. All were hauled out to a separate area where payment was demanded. A few were pleading poverty but they were told no payment, no flight.

• Advertisement

Just on a flight here in Budapest. There were several chancers in the non priority queue with Rollie bags. All were hauled out to a separate area where payment was demanded. A few were pleading poverty but they were told no payment, no flight.
    Another 3M fine from the Hungarian authorities would soften their cough. I wonder will they change policy on flights ex Italy, including returns, or will they risk another whopper of a fine? Time to lobby our regulators to follow Italian lead.

Advertisement