Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for TCD Undergraduate Student Interviewees for my Master's Thesis

Options
  • 04-05-2021 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

The Cosmopolitan Student Study

--> Looking for 10 -12 TCD undergraduate students (any field of study) for an online interview. Each participant will receive a 10 Euro One4All gift card.

What is the study about?
    The Cosmopolitan Student Study is a research study conducted by me, Daniel Guigui, as part of a Master thesis in the study programme Comparative Social Change in the Sociology Department of the Trinity College Dublin and the University College Dublin.

This study investigates the cosmopolitan outlooks and practices of undergraduate students across both universities to gain insights that support the creation of new knowledge in the fields of Sociology and Cosmopolitanism.

What will it tell us?
    The results will show similarities and differences in attainment and retainment processes of cosmopolitan outlooks and practices across undergraduate student cohorts and universities.

Who is running the study?
    The study is part of a Master thesis research project created and conducted by the investigator, Daniel Guigui. The research methodology is produced under the supervision of Doctor Marta Eichsteller, lecturer and assistant professor in the Department of Sociology at the University College Dublin.

How was I selected?
    The selection procedure is based on a purposeful and randomised selection of undergraduate students across different disciplines within Trinity College Dublin and University College Dublin. Further, a snowball sampling process in which attendants are asked to contact other potential attendants is used.

What does participation involve?
    If you agree to participate in the Cosmopolitan Student Study, you will be contacted via email to schedule a time and date for participating in an online one-on-one interview, approximately one hour, with Daniel Guigui, the investigator.

Once the interview time and date are confirmed, you will receive a link via email that enables you to join the Zoom video call on the specified time and date.

Will the information be kept confidential?
    All information recorded as part of the Cosmopolitan Student Study is stored on an encrypted and password-protected external hard drive which is kept under lock and is only accessible by the investigator. Participant details are anonymised and only used for this particular study. After the study is completed (13.8.2021), all data will be destroyed.

What are my rights?
    If you decided to take part, you may choose to withdraw from this study at any time, even after you have completed the interview.

If there is any question(s) during the interview you do not wish to answer, you do not have to do so.

What do I do next?
    If you wish to participate in the Cosmopolitan Student Study, please follow the link below. This link will guide you to a form where you can indicate your preferred time and date and sign the consent sheet.

Click here!

Alternatively, if you wish, you can download a version of the consent form here, which you can sign and send together with your preferred date and time for the online interview to the email address provided below. For any further questions, you can also send me a private message on BOARDS or via WhatsApp (see phone number below).

Your Participation Counts!
    In times of global uncertainties, Cosmopolitanism is important not only as an academic or philosophical concept but also as a form of different practices and outlooks. Therefore, we wish to understand how individuals make sense of their increasing international environment in their global and local contexts. By contributing to The Cosmopolitan Student Study, you can provide us with your personal and unique insights on what it means to become a citizen of the world.

Contact Details
    Daniel Guigui
    Mobile: 0851792468
    guiguid@tcd.ie

Advertisement