Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethical dilema

Options
  • 05-11-2015 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭

The situation is that a man walking down the road notices another man approaching him. They are separated by a distance of about 20m when the first notices that the flies of the second are open. This gives him plenty of time to formulate some suitable wording to use so that he can alert the other about the wardrobe malfunction.

Does he
    A)Nod politely and point out that the other fellows flies are undone
    or
    B)Keep sthum least he be thought of as a crotchwatcher?

For me the answer would be A.
    If it were my flies that were open I'd rather someone told me about it and from that empathic viewpoint I'd tell anyone I noticed that I've been looking at their junk.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

A...you're flying low dude ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'd try to be helpful but I'd probably blurt out something like:

"I can see your willy!"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Dunno. Pull your own down? Normalise the situation so he doesn't feel awkward?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

"Your fly is down".

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'd try to be helpful but I'd probably blurt out something like:

"I can see your willy!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

The gap is open but the beast (best pronounced bayshht) is quiet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Nod and say

'Grand day'

They say

'Aye grand day'

You say

'Long may it last'

They say

'Aye hopefully'

and continue on your merry way.

Look after your own zip and let others look after theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Just say 'Nice cock'. He'll get the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Gentlemen's decorum states you never look at a man below the belt line, unless you are admiring said man's trousers / shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,681 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I'd keep shtum, not because I'd be worried about being labelled a crotch watcher, but it just wouldn't occur to me because I don't be looking at fella's crotches in the first place! :D

Nah, the odd time alright I'd see a woman with her underwear label sticking out and I might mention it, or once I saw a woman with her skirt not pulled down properly in broad daylight, I don't know how she didn't feel breezy! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Most so far seem to be saying that you should tell the other fellow. However, here is the stinger...what if the other fellow was in fact a woman!

I have to admit, I bottled it and kept schtum. In retrospect I know I should have passed comment but I didn't, I chocked.

Now I feel, kinda...sexist. And stupid.
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

OldGoat wrote: »
    Most so far seem to be saying that you should tell the other fellow. However, here is the stinger...what if the other fellow was in fact a woman!

I have to admit, I bottled it and kept schtum. In retrospect I know I should have passed comment but I didn't, I chocked.

You made the right choice. Saying "your fly is open" to a girl might be translated as "I noticed something when I was checking out your crotch..." :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭brevity

OldGoat wrote: »

I'd do the same tbh.

I'd have and have had no problem helping another girl out with a sticky-out-label/loo roll stuck to the heel/skirt tucked in drawers scenario, but I'd be worried about looking pervy if I told a perfect stranger he was flying low in the trouser department.

If it was someone I knew well, no problem. A stranger is on his own, but I'd have the decency to be conflicted about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I'd want to say something but I think I'd be worried about embarrassing the other person, which is ridiculous really because surely it's more embarrassing to go around with your fly open. If it was a friend or someone I knew then I'd definitely tell them (well, unless I didn't like them or I was enjoying the view :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

#zipshaming bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I was working in a shop when I was a teenager and a 18/19 year old girl came in and she was at the counter choosing packets of crisps from under the counter, every time she bent forward I could see straight down her top and she wasn't wearing a bra.

Should I have told her?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Perk of the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Akrasia wrote: »
    I was working in a shop when I was a teenager and a 18/19 year old girl came in and she was at the counter choosing packets of crisps from under the counter, every time she bent forward I could see straight down her top and she wasn't wearing a bra.

Should I have told her?

If I was bra-less and bending over, I'd be well aware that a teenage boy could see down my top, and I reckon she knew as well, so I don't think you needed to tell her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Akrasia wrote: »

Should I have told her?

For the love of god no. Embrace the situation. Figuratively not literally speaking of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Your social window is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Neither method presented is particularly advantageous for either party. I personally favour the more "Kobayashi Maru" approach of delivering a swift hoof to the Gentleman's Spheres as I pass, then running like mad. This way, the fellow at half-mast gets to do himself up as a matter of course after he recovers from the initial sting, and no-one gets labeled a Mickey-Watcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭_davidsmith_

I got all the way into work this morning flying low, which involved going through airport security (luckily no pat down). I honestly dont know what is worse the embarrassment that youve been walking around flying low with the potential people noticed or a stranger pointing it out, who definitely did.

I think the typical irish thing of "ignore it and it will go away" always prevails, and also if someone pointed it out to me id be like "definite crotch watcher"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

I got all the way into work this morning flying low, which involved going through airport security (luckily no pat down). I honestly dont know what is worse the embarrassment that youve been walking around flying low with the potential people noticed or a stranger pointing it out, who definitely did.

I think the typical irish thing of "ignore it and it will go away" always prevails, and also if someone pointed it out to me id be like "definite crotch watcher"

As long as you're not going commando or wearing a pair of kaks that have a gaping hole in the front then there's very little to be embarrassed about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Just be a gentleman, walk up to them, stare them in the eyes and pull their zip up for them.

Then a little **** wink and be on your way..............

Advertisement