Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My NCT is at 11pm tonight !

Options
  • 03-11-2015 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭

What is the world coming to ? Never thought they would do them so late ! It's in Kells Co Meath. The times I could have gone for today were either 7am or 11pm ! Poor staff. It's a long day !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭GardeningGirl

Janey mac!
    Good luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Fairly sure it's not the same lads at 7am as it is at 11pm.

It's like the man (or woman) flying the plane to San Francisco doesn't just jump out and fuel up and then head her for home again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

They operate 24/7 in Ballymun

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

11pm today is better than 3 pm in January :D

Stheno wrote: »
    They operate 24/7 in Ballymun
    Scared to close the place in case it gets robbed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Why wouldn't they its a money printing machine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

A lady where I work had hers at 2:30am or something close to it. I bet it's a handy number for the lads at that hour.

M

listermint wrote: »

Yes all these people with non working lights and bald tyres are being ripped off.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Scared to close the place in case it gets robbed.

You've obviously never been there :p

A lot of the Dublin Centres are now 24/7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

It's very handy. It used to be a pain in the arse having to take time off work for it.

€58 a pop is a total rip off though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It's be gas if you went up and said you don't own a car, and then just go through making revving noises.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Yes all these people with non working lights and bald tyres are being ripped off.

Yep that's right all the price increase to the test are all about saving people from those bald tires.

It's a money printing machine .that is factual which is why there was a clamber for the contract.

M

Yep that's right all the price increase to the test are all about saving people from those bald tires.

It's a money printing machine .that is factual which is why there was a clamber for the contract.

It's €55 for a comprehensive test of the car, you won't find many places if you will find any that will do such a certified test of your car with printout of various results for €55.

Stheno wrote: »
    You've obviously never been there :p

A lot of the Dublin Centres are now 24/7

Haha, was there once with a load of fish in a wagon that some eejit lost the keys of, (started with a screwdriver, no way of locking it), so when I was out the back unloading I left a sports bag with a crab with the bands pulled off in the front seat. Sure enough the bag was gone when I got back in, I'd say they got some shock!

That was twenty years ago now mind you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Maybe, but it also keeps a lot of crap cars off the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

If you don't pass, ask the instructor out for a beer,
    tell him the guards never work at night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

RayM wrote: »
    Maybe, but it also keeps a lot of crap cars off the roads.

pity it doesn't keep crap drivers off the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

How come they're all so busy,working all hours and weekends. Is there a shortage of test centres?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

A €50 note in the glove used to work in some test centres, but Primetime Investigates sorted that out

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's service for ya, then head to Tesco 24/7 for some late shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

kneemos wrote: »
    How come they're all so busy,working all hours and weekends. Is there a shortage of test centres?
    Retests ... ....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Fairly sure it's not the same lads at 7am as it is at 11pm.

It's like the man (or woman) flying the plane to San Francisco doesn't just jump out and fuel up and then head her for home again.

Stop talking sense, man. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

antodeco wrote: »
    It's be gas if you went up and said you don't own a car, and then just go through making revving noises.

I wouldn't pass the emissions test.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭kirving

It should be every year for all cars.

On a 30 min drive into Galway the other evening, I counted 39 cars with a front light out, and that was just cars coming against me.

That's just people not giving a **** about their car, so I wonder what else is dodgy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

On a 30 min drive into Galway the other evening, I counted 39 cars with a front light out, and that was just cars coming against me.

That's just people not giving a **** about their car, so I wonder what else is dodgy too.

More enforcement from the Gardai is needed not an NCT every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

I bet over half of them were Volvos. If the headlight relay goes in some Volvos, a new bulb or fuse wont fix the problem. A new relay has to be soldered onto the central electronics module of the car. I have performed this operation twice with a wood engraver that I bought in Lidl as a soldering iron, because the point was accurate enough for the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Sky King wrote: »
    I wouldn't pass the emissions test.

You're a Volkswagen?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Ally Dick wrote: »
    A €50 note in the glove used to work in some test centres, but Primetime Investigates sorted that out

Well, did she pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

How so? I assume it's similar to the MOT in the UK making sure that your car is actually safe and legal to be on the road.

Maybe you'd rather be back in the late 80s when cars were riddled with rust and held together with twine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

carzony wrote: »
    More enforcement from the Gardai is needed not an NCT every year.

I think both are needed. I think the NCT is quite good, in fairness.

Advertisement