Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TA Events The Chernarus Conflict - Part 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

I got that impression myself from the aerial photos! See you there man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

CDV has over 80 buildings, but we may or may not have the whole site to play with. There are usually large areas of it out of bounds as well, so the game area may not be quite as big as it looks. We'll have to see when we get closer to the date and Ian publishes a map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

There will be buildings that are out of bounds, and these are the same on most occasions. Something around 18 or so buildings will be out of bounds, but that still leaves 60 in play which is three times more than Sennybridge.

There is also areas out of bounds, such as the area around the church and the former container village (that I believe has already been pulled down).

But on a positive note, there is now 6 of the buildings that have been made in to compounds and consequently surrounded by a high wall with only one or two main entrances.

But it's safe to say that it's larger than Senny.

With regards to the 200 places, if there is enough demand then this might increase to 250 players, but even 250 will be rapidly swallowed up in the vastness that we call CDV!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

youtube is your friend as normal if anything is looking to get an idea of the place, has a lot of similarity with senny on the surface but a lot of differences not just in scale
    But on a positive note, there is now 6 of the buildings that have been made in to compounds and consequently surrounded by a high wall with only one or two main entrances.

i noticed these in a few in the latest videos and pictures from the Stirling events, offers some interesting challenges

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

The nutjobs from Cork airsoft are heading over...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

r0n0c wrote: »
    The nutjobs from Cork airsoft are heading over...

2-0, this is 1-0, message received.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

FIBUA Copehill Down, Shrewton Rd, Chitterne, Warminster BA12 0LP, England.

475km, 5h23 from Holyhead.
    293km, 3h49 from Fishguard.
    129km, 1h32 from LHR.
    165km, 1h54 from LGW.

OzCam wrote: »
    FIBUA Copehill Down, Shrewton Rd, Chitterne, Warminster BA12 0LP, England.

475km, 5h23 from Holyhead.
    293km, 3h49 from Fishguard.
    129km, 1h32 from LHR.
    165km, 1h54 from LGW.

Don't forget to take a slight detour (all of 15 mins; about 8.5 miles) down the B390/A360 (the same stretch of road with the turn-off for CDV) to visit Stonehenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Solid Snake

I'll definitely be at this.

Looks like a great location.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

Lemming wrote: »
    2-0, this is 1-0, message received.

haha next time try to remember about the booby traps..
    think I'll take that detour too..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sarge marcus

Hi how do I book tickets and is there a bus going ? And is there a number on how many people go ?

Hi how do I book tickets and is there a bus going ? And is there a number on how many people go ?

you wil be able to book a ticket using the above website when there released

depend if someone volunteers to organize a bus, there is talk but nothing solid yet

again depends on alot of things, 20o to 250 places are available we wil just have to wait and see at this stage but i would imagine it is going to be popular with the irish lads, the number coming from england wil depend a lot on if any other event is going on that weekend around the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Anybody know when there will be details about teams/story line..ect will be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

OK well its been decided, the Barn Boozie Boogie bus is a goin to this again. Expect it to book out as quick as the event itself. Should be more of us this time around. Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Anybody know when there will be details about teams/story line..ect will be released?

The story / team info is usually revealed when the tickets go on sale. Take it from me though, the story will be complex enough to keep you on your toes but easy enough to follow so you don't lose out on enjoying the weekend.

Hi how do i book room on the bus and if you have details can you pm me please ? I have three friends who wish to go aswell and will book tickets on the 7th, Also what is the joule of the wepons aloud ? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Adam and mesmelf will be coming along on the next one too, sounds amazing from what Gary and Ritchie were saying, I've been putting it off for years now :rolleyes:

Hi guys,

We have finalised some of the details that I wanted to lock down which prevented us from releasing details about the story and the sides.

I am now preparing the website for a Friday evening release. I am aiming to have all the details available by around 9pm.

I can tell you now though that we are advertising the event with 200 places but if there is demand then we will add another 50 places to the event.

There will be three factions:

CDF - 80 places - Camo: Dessie colours and/or Multicam

Chedaki - 80 places - Camo: Temperate green patterns, such as British green DPM, US woodland patterns, Marpat, Flectarn, Belgium camo etc.

NAPA - 40 places - Camo: Civilian clothing / mix urban camo (blacks and grays). No coloured camo allowed. Balaclava's/bandana's are advised to hide one's identity.

The rest will be on the website come Friday night ;)

Information is now on the website.

• Advertisement

Hijust wanted to see what that wep site was again

Nearly missed this one when reading the information on the next ta event. Ian is looking to run a 3 hour training season on Saturday morning before the event starts. Looking to take part myself, does not matter if this is your first event or your an old hand, this could be the perfect opportunity for anyone looking to brush up on core skills and make the most of the trip.

From Ian: If you are interested about the training and wish to be included on the survey then drop us an email with a subject of "training" to info@ta-events.co.uk.

What kind of training does he do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Burlesque

What I gather from correspondence with Ian is that whilst details are still being sorted, areas of interest include house clearance, contact drills, and patrolling in urban areas.

Burlesque

That has just given me images that I really can live without ...

Ta Events have not done any training seasons yet, from my understanding ian is looking to see what people want and he will try and tailor the season to what people are looking for if he can.

If your interested drop ian an email and take part in the survey explain what you would like to do ( there is no commitment as far as im aware to do the season once you have done the survey )

from the information released last week
    Introducing a training package

We are very pleased to announce the introduction of an urban combat training package for this event . We will have a number of instructors providing a three hour training package on the Saturdat morning betwen 0700 and 1000. The price for the 3 hour training session will be £15 per player. We will be releasing a survey to all those interested so can determine the details are what players want to acheive from the package. If you are insterested about the training and wish to be included on the survey then drop us an email with a subject of "training" to info@ta-events.co.uk.

Bloodyhell, I thought I had proof read that, but going by the amount of spelling mistakes then I obviously did not :o

Ok so the training, as mentioned above, will include the basic drills for urban based combat, including section attacks against buildings, room to room clearance, platoon level attacks, contact drills etc. Basically just about all the skills you will need for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

*DOBBY* wrote: »
    OK well its been decided, the Barn Boozie Boogie bus is a goin to this again. Expect it to book out as quick as the event itself. Should be more of us this time around. Looking forward to it.
    looks like a few rats on for this damo, but i think we are organising transport.depending on numbers.
    but if not barbara streisand here we come..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

I'm a definite on this. What's the story for the bus going from the south? Or even Dublin, I'm pretty flexible with travel.

I may also need to have someone book for me with a group on Friday since I'll be away from tomorrow until next Tuesday.

Advertisement