Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HONEY EXTRACTOR

Options
  • 03-05-2019 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Has anyone experience of the smaller, two or three frame, honey extractors ? I only have two hives and don't want any more and the honey is only for family consumption. Are the small extractors just a waste of money or good investment for someone in my position? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Does your association have an extractor they can lend you? That's pretty common.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Flipperdipper

bpmurray wrote: »
    Does your association have an extractor they can lend you? That's pretty common.

Yea, that's what I've used in the past but if I had my own it would cut out the hassle of collection and return and also the risk of cross contamination.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

If you can get a 9 frame radial it would be a much better job than those 2 frame ones. You would do all your honey in one afternoon versus probably 10 times as long with the 2 frame extractor.
    If time isn't an issue and you don't want the bigger machine taking up space go for the 2 frame but it will be tedious as you'll have to turn frames to extract one side at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I have a 3 frame one
    hasn;t been used in years.

You can borrow if you like. Be good to blwo the cobwebs out of it

Advertisement