Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Socket with 3.1A USB chargers

• 03-12-2018 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭

Double electrical socket complete with two USB chargers (3.1A), half price in Woodies, was €16.99 now €8.50.
    Very easy to install if you follow the instructions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Good shout thx.

If you sign up for the newsletter, get 10% OFF your first Online Home Delivery Order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,662 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I have one. The USB outputs are very low power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

ted1 wrote: »
    I have one. The USB outputs are very low power.

3.1A is fast charge territory - is yours an older model?

EDIT - actually it's 3.1A shared, so if you were charging 2 devices together it might be slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

loyatemu wrote:
    EDIT - actually it's 3.1A shared, so if you were charging 2 devices together it might be slow.

Handy for running an echo dot off when your wife keeps plugging it out to charge her phone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

I run a Google Mini Home and Chromecast from one of these with no problem. I haven't tried using it as a proper speaker on full blast though. I have it setup to Bluetooth over to another speaker for music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,662 ✭✭✭✭ted1

loyatemu wrote: »

No it’s that model. With only when device plugged in it takes forever to charge and amazon tablets say it’s plugged into a low power charger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If its missing a negotiation chip then it'll fallback to 0.5A per port, barely enough to charge a phone that is switched on.

I dont touch anything without QC support now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

loyatemu wrote: »

With many faster charging phones, above 1 amp, the phone communicates with the charger and negotiates increasing the amps. If the charger doesn't have the necessary chip many phones won't go over 1amp. There are also many different chips, Samsung and some others use a Qualcomm chip, one plus, oppo and some others use their own dash chip, Apple have there own proprietary chip, I read about intel starting to make one too.

So it will only fast charge some devices, whichever the manufacturer of the sockets chose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The threshold is 500mA, not 1A.

Without negotiation: Up to 500mA
    With negotiation: Up to charger limits (3.5A tops)

On top of that is VOOC/QC/Other (Basically its VOOC And QC, DASH is just VOOC). But if its taking forever to charge Fire tabs then its not even reaching the higher level of regular USB charging. A bad sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 hearsay

woodies tend to import alot of there products from china, there quality is not always the best, is it even worth the asking price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 connected on its own gets 1800mah with screen lit, I assume 2amp when idle.
    I got this socket last year and it's been brilliant, no buzz like other sockets I've seen.
    I'm going to get a few more for behind the TV this week as we have Chromecast and a few other bits there too. Bargain at the price.

Advertisement