Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401d/33ppm Printer - €119.45 Delivered [Amazon Spain]

Options
  • 14-05-2013 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a printer at the minute, so if anyone knows anything about this one, appreciate if they could give any experience with it.

It's over €100 cheaper on Amazon Spain, It's reviews on Amazon UK have it at 4 stars (3 reviews) @ £172.44 (€204.99). So at the moment I'm very close to getting it.

CF274A HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401d/33ppm Printer - €119.45 Delivered

1fx1du.jpg

Seeing as there were more flippin' people looking for ^^ that site than there were for the "bargain".. The site is Priceonia.com ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,979 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Flipping excellent price for that printer. Its predecessors the P2055 and P2015 are probably one of the most popular printers out there still today. This type of stuff is my job so I would have no hesitation to recommend this to anyone.

You could get a same spec'd brother for probably cheaper but at this price the HP is a no brainer. Brother uses a separate drum and toner so can be a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

What site did you use for the prices on the amazon sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭teileann

Forgive my ignorance, but
    1. Is a LaserJet printer the same as a laser printer?
    2. Would there be any problem with the electricals? (plug, voltage etc.) with electrical goods coming from Spain?
    3. Would it be possible to order it, without knowing a word of Spanish? (Afraid of what box I might tick)

I see that it is €218.67 on the hp.ie website.
    Also it has duplex printing.

Seems great value, hope it is not too good to be true.

Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

+1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Never seen it before but searching in google looks like uses pricenoia very handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ There's a site for the ol' bookmarks... very handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

tui0hcg wrote: »
    +1
    nava wrote: »
    Never seen it before but searching in google looks like uses pricenoia very handy
    Basq wrote: »
    ^ There's a site for the ol' bookmarks... very handy!

Yep, Priceonia. Very handy.

It's shipping is a bit off, as recently (for example) Amazon France made shipping a flat rate of €10 (For most things). Probably something to do with Amazon Fee's hike. But it's not off by much.

I use it for nearly every price match. It also has a Price History Chart for all the sites (Like CamelCamelCamel).

Don't know about that Printer now.. Right after i posted, got a phone call, My Mother had just broke her arm.. :( Bad break. So I'll probably be looking after her for the next couple of days at least, going to buy her a new tablet / ereader for reading, her last one is gone. So that's where that cash is going..
    (Not going near the Nook thread..)

teileann wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance, but
    1. Is a LaserJet printer the same as a laser printer?
    2. Would there be any problem with the electricals? (plug, voltage etc.) with electrical goods coming from Spain?
    3. Would it be possible to order it, without knowing a word of Spanish? (Afraid of what box I might tick)

I see that it is €218.67 on the hp.ie website.
    Also it has duplex printing.

Seems great value, hope it is not too good to be true.

Thanks for the info.

1. Laser vs LaserJet
    2. You may get a different Plug, but apart from that, there should be no problem. You can still plug it in.
    3. Yep. Just the same way you would order on Amazon UK. Add to basket, go to checkout. If you are stuck with anything you could use Google Translate.

Thanks a million for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Anyone knows how HP service here works with stuff bought in Spain? I've had a bad experience with LG telephone bought at amazon.de - I had to spend €10 twice to send it back to Germany for warranty repair (at least they repaired it). This set here will be much dearer to send.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Better prices from Ink Maestro for this printer

https://www.inkmaestro.ie/Laserjet-supplies/Hewlett-Packard/Printer-model/Monochrome-laserjet-printers/Laserjet-Pro-400-M401d-p30841.html

Dont think I would use 7000 pages in a lifetime!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pelliven

just bought one of these. thanks for posing op

zom wrote: »
    Anyone knows how HP service here works with stuff bought in Spain? I've had a bad experience with LG telephone bought at amazon.de - I had to spend €10 twice to send it back to Germany for warranty repair (at least they repaired it). This set here will be much dearer to send.

I'm not 100% sure, but usually in the T&C there says something about them refunding the postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

The price has gone up to €234 now, I got an order in just before the change hope its honored.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 snkly

Cocoon wrote: »
    The price has gone up to €234 now, I got an order in just before the change hope its honored.

Still at the original price. Default seller has changed for some reason.
    Just click "añadir a la cesta" on the cheaper price to the right (at the same link) to add the item with the original price, directly from amazon.

Allyall wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure, but usually in the T&C there says something about them refunding the postage.

You're joking, aren't you?? What if I move to Japan and postage costs will be €120? Can't believe HP are so stupid to have something like that in their T&C.

Cocoon wrote: »

http://www.amazon.es/gp/offer-listing/B007Q4VQT2/ref=dp_olp_new/277-7654313-5274405?ie=UTF8&condition=new
    You're joking, aren't you?? What if I move to Japan and postage costs will be €120? Can't believe HP are so stupid to have something like that in their T&C.

They probably don't deliver to Japan, and it's not HP. It's Amazon.

Amazon Spain Returns Which untranslated I'd imagine is the same as the UK site

Amazon Spain Returns Which untranslated I'd imagine is the same as the UK site

This link is for RETURNS if you change you'r mind or something. But I appreciate if you can find one for warranty repair postage.

This link is for RETURNS if you change you'r mind or something. But I appreciate if you can find one for warranty repair postage.

Did you read it?

• Advertisement

Did you read it?

Yes and I did it again and can't see anything about warranty repair postage costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Ordered. Thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Ordered, then cancelled. I really need wireless capability.

Good spot though.

Yes and I did it again and can't see anything about warranty repair postage costs?
    You missed a big bit.
    Damaged, defective or incorrect
    The following table shows you what to do in the event that your product arrives damaged, defective or incorrect:

Return Type
    Defective Product: 2 years after the date of receipt.
    What do I do?
    Keep all information regarding your product warranty. Contact the manufacturer to try to solve the problem.
    I can return the product?
    Amazon.es offers customers a legal guarantee of 2 years from the date of receipt of the product. So do not accept returns of products once this time period has passed.

Note: when Amazon.es send you a replacement for a damaged, defective or incorrect, you must return the original product within 30 days from the date on which we confirm the replacement order. If we do not return the original product within this period of 30 days, Amazon.es reserves the right to charge the price of the replacement product in the same payment method you used to confirm the order.

How do we calculate the cost of return shipping?
    If you return a product because of an error by Amazon.es, bear the cost of the return provided you have used a return label with postage paid. If you return a product without having been no error on the part of Amazon.es and use a return label with postage paid, we will deduct the cost of returning the total refund amount. In this case the cost of return shipping will be 7.99 € (VAT included) for both domestic and international shipments.

Also:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200376710

It's hard to believe as cost to send this printer back to Spain is €65, so if it will break twice, costs of delivery will exceed printer price. And all of this without even starting repair! Modern economy is amazing.

Just got a funny email from Amazon.es, here's the translation. I think the rough jist of it is that they made a mistake with the price, but they are sending it any way. Seems like they sent out a bulk email to people uing the wrong template. Price is back up to €197 now-cheers again OP

'After confirming that there was an error in the pricing of product 'HP Laserjet PRO 400 M401d - Monochrome laser Printer (33 ppm, 1200 x 1200 dpi, 128 MB, 800 MHz, USB 2.0), color black' (ASIN: B007Q4VQT2), we have realized that the number of units selected in your order xxxxxxxxxxxx clearly exceed normal operating needs of an individual.
    Consequently, we inform you that we have reduced the number of units requested and confirmed shipment of 1 unit of product 'HP Laserjet PRO 400 M401d - Monochrome laser Printer (33 ppm, 1200 x 1200 dpi, 128 MB, 800 MHz , USB 2.0), color black '(ASIN: B007Q4VQT2), the price wrong.
    Also we can confirm that we have not charged any additional amount in your payment method.
    However, if you do not wish to receive these products, you can cancel your order or request a refund of the products shipped in accordance with our returns and refund policy.'

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Just got a funny email from Amazon.es, here's the translation. I think the rough jist of it is that they made a mistake with the price, but they are sending it any way. Seems like they sent out a bulk email to people uing the wrong template. Price is back up to €197 now-cheers again OP

'After confirming that there was an error in the pricing of product 'HP Laserjet PRO 400 M401d - Monochrome laser Printer (33 ppm, 1200 x 1200 dpi, 128 MB, 800 MHz, USB 2.0), color black' (ASIN: B007Q4VQT2), we have realized that the number of units selected in your order xxxxxxxxxxxx clearly exceed normal operating needs of an individual.
    Consequently, we inform you that we have reduced the number of units requested and confirmed shipment of 1 unit of product 'HP Laserjet PRO 400 M401d - Monochrome laser Printer (33 ppm, 1200 x 1200 dpi, 128 MB, 800 MHz , USB 2.0), color black '(ASIN: B007Q4VQT2), the price wrong.
    Also we can confirm that we have not charged any additional amount in your payment method.
    However, if you do not wish to receive these products, you can cancel your order or request a refund of the products shipped in accordance with our returns and refund policy.'

I got the identical email this evening too, I wouldn't mind but I only ordered one. Hope they ship them but at the same time its not something thats needed just a BA impulse buy. :D

Mine is in Germany at the moment, on its way.
    Glad I succumbed to the temptation.

Just got mine today. Cheers OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 piniqui

This is old but the warranty thing really bothers me as I'm about to order something on FR.. I need to pay postege if there is any problem?

thanks!

Advertisement