Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen Bike in Dublin

• 05-10-2010 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, had my hybrid bike Stolen today at lunch time outside St Stephens green shopping centre. Just a warning to everyone out there of the brazenness of these guys stealing bikes in broad daylight. Mine was a silver/grey Giant CRS 4.0 perfect for going around the city. I was walking up Grafton street with it and stopped to talk to a guy i hadnt met since college almost 5 years ago and left the bike against the wall and stupidly turned my back on it for 5 mins, i was literally within arms length of the bike the whole time and never noticed it being nicked.
    I reported it to the Gardai and hopefully they will look at some CCTV to try catch the ******. Please let me know if you come across any adverts with someone trying to sell it, see link with a picture attached.
    http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=30425

It has sentimental value to me as i finished my first traithlon on it 2 yrs ago!
    Thanks All

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭doc1976

Let me guess, the cops did nothing for you?
    I had a locked bike stolen from there to, probably around the same time again in broad daylight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭The_Claw

Brazenness is the word. I was walking past the corner of George's St and Dame Lane last Thursday evening and there was a junkie trying to steal a bike by yanking it back and forth till the lock snapped. Everyone was just walking by obliviously. I exclaimed - out of pure surprise rather than any desire for justice - 'That bloke's stealing a bike!' Because there he was in plain view. He stopped and looked at me, then he told me to 'mind my own business!' Then he made to come after me, then he thought better of it and ran away. The point is, people see this stuff happening. All that is necessary for bike thieves to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭doc1976

I know, they have some neck. I saw a junkie try and rob one the other day in temple bar. He had a massive chain full of keys and was trying them all on some piece of **** bike. It had two flat tyres so I don't know why he wanted it.

Is there any thing on this that has mapped the location of all the stolen bikes, would be good to have the NO GO areas mapped out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

dont feel safe locking my anywhere in the city centre , even though i have two locks .......safest place is probably the gates and railings of Dail Eireann as there is 24 hour garda protection , of course you would probably end up in jail for upsetting the Elite class in their ivory tower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

I don't even stop at lights in the city centre for fear of bike theft. Bleedin junkies would have it off you before you've even unclipped!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭seeing_ie

Mentioned this in another thread - the multi-storey car parks on Jervis st. and Drury st. have secure bike parks, and there's a security guard on the entrance in Jervis st.

I usually park there since the bike was tampered with.

Anyone know if there's been any thefts from these parks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I used to cycle into town regularly and i always locked my bike at Store Street Garda Station.

Looking back now, probably the worst place in Dublin to lock a bike, as every scumbag in the city ends up in Store street at some stage! :rolleyes:

Mind u, my bike was never tamper with.

Advertisement