Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£1.50 off any DVD at CDWOW

Options
  • 11-10-2003 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭

Simply Click Here , enter your email address and you will get a voucher for £1.50 off a DVD or £1.00 off a cd.

This voucher will only work on the UK site (www.cdwow.com) so always check the www.cd-wow.com.hk site before buying to make sure you are saving money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

If you use the below url to access cdwow you can get a further 1 quid off automatically

http://www5.cd-wow.com/amex

pick your dvd or cd and input the code you get in your email by using

http://www.cd-wow.com/trustcard

Neonitrix :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

On the HK site a headline price is $95 while the UK site is £9 (for a chart CD) for example.

The Online.Ie calculator Here tells us that UK9 = HK116 . The HK site would typically beat a £1 discount but with the layered discount above then the price of UK7 = HK90.17.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

I am an idiot but it doesnt seem to work for me :(

I click on the link from the second user after already having used the other link to get my voucher,i go to buy smashing pumpkins dvd and BHAM! its the usual 7.99 price

What am i doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Or for me, but then the email with the code said you had to click on a specific link to 'activate' it. That linked to a page with the ususal £8.99 prices.

Then again maybe CDWOW copped on that people were using the two discounts and stopped them working together.

You can only use one discount at a time it seems so i ended up ordering mine from the .hk site and got the dvd for just over 10 euro where as its in hmv for 30 euro

• Advertisement

It wont work! :( shoot me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Nicked from avforums :

STEP 1: If you have been on the CD-WOW page close all pages with the CD-WOW page loaded.

STEP 2: Click on the link below and enter you email address to get you voucher.

http://www.cd-wow.com/trustcard

STEP 3: Close your web browser and check your email. You will receive an email with your voucher in it.

Step 4: Click on the link in the voucher email you receive to visit CD WOW and make the voucher work.

Step 5: Add an item to your shopping cart (any item, you will be removing it later).

Step 6: Go to the checkout.

Step 7: Redeem the gift voucher code that you got in the email. Once redeemed you should see £1.50 off of your order.

Step 8: Do NOT continue with the checkout.

The address in your web browser will be something like:

http://www5.cd-wow.com/blah blah blah

Change everything after the .com/ to amex

eg:

http://www5.cd-wow.com/amex

Then hit enter or click go.

This will reload CD WOW and all items should now be displayed with £1 off of them, AND more importantly your shopping cart will still be full with the voucher redeemed.

Step 9: Find the item you want to buy and add it to your cart.

step 10: Go to the checkout.

Step 11: Remove the original unwanted item.

Step 12: Continue the checkout process to buy your DVD with £2.50 off.

Little bit dodgy and not sure if it is morally correct to cheat to get the £2.50 but i'll let you make up your own minds.

It worked! god i feel like a moron but what i kept doing was deleting the wrong item! i just bought futurama season 3 for 39 euro, season 1 is 31 euro in golden discs btw

I better buy my xmas pressies now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭kahaya

Yep that method posted by mbroaders works like a treat! Just got me hands on Jackie Brown 2 Disc Collectors Edition for £5.49 - €7.59.

Thanks for that.

BTW - all those CD-WOW links on the avforums website have been removed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

cheers for posting that mbroaders/neomatrix

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Well, i don't think we should let the BPI spoil CDwow and so i will continue using this process to buy all my CD's , works a treat got the new offspring cd for €7.60 this way today :p

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

Well the CDwow story might be coming to a sad sad sad end, they are now adding on an extra €3. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Sorry, but this promotion has now ended.

arse.

Advertisement