Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why I hate so many TV programmes

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I had the misfortune the other night to see a bit of Britain's Got Talent on ITV.

I haven't seen these types of shows for maybe a decade or more, but I always assumed they would have singers, dance troupes etc. Basically people with some talent, and likely the best in the country.

1st act was a chubby little Indian child of 14, who was awful at dancing. I could have done better myself, but to my surprise the judges found him fantastic. Baffled I was.

Thankfully I had to go to my work and didn't see any more acts, but apparently next up was a man and a dog. Shame to miss that.

Cannot understand how these shows still have an audience. And they came complete with the screaming crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Opportunity Knocked for Lennie Henry and heard recently also Su Pollard, Les Dawson, the Batchelors amongst others. However, Gerry Dorsey didn't make it on OK and morphed into Englebert Humperdinck. I never watched OK as we didn't have TV in the early days and then only RTE but I bet there were more than a few clangers on it as well. :D

Have to give a mention to this programme on next Tues-Fri I think on ITV. Set your recorders! I've seen a couple of this series but not the original 7 Up one. Sadly I don't have ITV, hope it comes to Virgin Media at some stage.

Well we just watched our recording of 63 Up. Omigosh, it made us really see how fast time flies and how short life truly is. It was quite a slap in the face. I mean, we know it, but having watched this series for so many years and now they are our age and on this programme one man is quite ill. Very upsetting.

Advertisement