Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+ thread - See Mod Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Yeah refund email last night around 10pm. No sign of the refund yet. Didn't get long out of it, only signed up in Feb.

Thought I slipped through when I seen the cancellation posts, but forgot I used a new Google account on an old tablet that's not used.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭baz9375

Haven't received any email either and log in details and app still working OK (finger crossed all will continue)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

As I mentioned above, I noticed email at approx 10pm last night. Checked Disney+ account. It had stopped working. Received full refund into my Revolut this morning.

Originally subscribed at beginning of Feb using newly setup Turkish Google Play account, Revolut attached to that account and then Turkish Disney+. My Nord VPN set to Turkey while setting up all of the above.

I have managed to subscribe for another year just now by reactivating my Nord VPN, setting it to Turkey and using the Disney+ app on my Samsung Android phone. It let me use my Turkish Google account again which already had my Revolut details. Interesting to see how long it will last this time. I could not get it to subscribe using website but I may have missed something. The app worked for me though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Didnt get any email from Disney though got email from google that I had a refund to my revolut card and my sub is canceled having checked. A free 9 months so not too bad. Going to try and resub as its a good service to have even if I dont use it much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Just looked and I received the email from Google Play too yesterday to say "Your purchase from Disney on Google Play has been canceled"

I wonder is this a ploy to force people onto the higher priced tariff.

Hardly ever watch it as it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Similarly got the cancellation email and refund via Revolut, you lose on the currency depreciation between payment and refund. I paid TRY 350 on 22-Jun-2022 which was €19.14 then, refund for same TRY 350 now which equates to €16.57 at today's rate. Still €2.57 for over 9 months use is pretty good.

Hard to see the logic from Disney's perspective for all the cancellations. If they want users paying the now higher rates of TRY650 why not let plans expire and renew then? One post above mentioned about the card and account having to be from the same jurisdiction but if people are able to renew that doesn't look to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I don't think they're cancelling to get people on the higher rate as I signed up at the current rate and mine was cancelled too.

I'm surprised they've been doing mass cancellations though as I had Disney+ as part of the Hulu bundle for a couple of years, paid monthly and never any hassle with it in all that time. Using it with and without DNS services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

It's 90 a year here now

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Spn744

Same problem here but they can’t remove the Google play card on file so signing back up might work. I would say they could see the constant roaming accounts and I personally never connected to a vpn at any stage when watching so maybe next time I should on and off to avoid the account flagging up.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Is there any other countries that we can use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

Same story here. Refunded 350 lira to Revolut. I tried renewing and seen price for 12 months is now 650 lira, quite a jump but still way cheaper than Ireland. Renewed using the same Revolut card as before for another 12 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Better start watching a few things via vpn I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I only signed up a few weeks ago at 650 but was cancelled last night too so it's probably because I never used the vpn while watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭muloc

Got refunded 349...I'll probably renew at some stage at the 650 but in no hurry. Rarely watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Signed back up again for a year, 29.80 plus the refunded 34.99 Try from last month.

Didnt need a VPN to resubscribe.

Strangely enough I could only ever get the 1 month sub to work before, now it took the 12 month on the same account.

Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭antomack

After a few attempts I managed to resubscribe at the 650 lira so lets see how long that lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Got an email that says sad you cancelled your sub😂😂

I notice the subscribers agreement says Republic of Ireland on it even though I'm registered via Turkey 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

My agreement is in Turkish and I can't see anything about Ireland. I havent been cancelled either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got cancelled Fri night, refund received.

I'm curious as to how many are going to now sub at higher (but still cheap) rate? I don't watch it, kids don't watch it and I'll sub for a month if we want it in the future.

• Advertisement

I was gonna leave it a while bit I'm logged in at other addresses so a few people might be disappointed so I renewed at the higher rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Same here not worth the hassle..no one watches it

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

Got the mail Thursday but did not spot it till I tried to access Disney Friday. Full refund and had used since last summer so was a great bargain. Re subbed now at 31.43. Lets see how long it lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

Is there any update to the subscription process?

Not having an old android handy - I tried Turkish Gmail + Bluestacks + GetFlix (Turkey VPN activated - verified working whatsmyip)

- but couldnt get it to work - Disney kept offering USA prices for some reason or saying couldnt work in your region. thanks.

“Roll it back”

I just renewed via the disney app on my phone. Didn't even have to turn on Turkish vpn. It obviously knew who I was from being logged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Having trouble getting my VPN working. I just use Getflix as have long term sub. Any recommendations for a better VPN provider? I’m using a Shield TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Same. I actually wasn’t even logged into the app, simply logged in and subscribed again for 12months. No vpn needed. Price gone up from the €16 to €30 for the year but still a nice bargain considering the current sub in Ireland and the fact that i got refunded the initial €16 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

When I go through the app it's showing me euro prices and even when I tried it with vpn it still only offers me euro rates. Bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Try restarting the process i e. sign up through playstore with a VPN.

I posted the way i set it up again a few posts back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

I used Bluestacks, installed disney, logged in and resubbed. Had issue with tablets using VPN. VPN was not used with bluestacks and cant remember if I tried on tablet without vpn. My google account is TK for this

Advertisement