Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homecoming - [Amazon]

• 21-07-2018 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

From the maker of Mr Robot.

Comic Con teaser:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Based on a podcast that I quite enjoyed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

We're getting two seasons anyway. Production on season one wrapped in June and it airs from Nov 2nd.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/julia-roberts-isnt-a-distinction-anymore-between-film-tv-1130548

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Slydice wrote: »
    From the maker of Mr Robot.

Comic Con teaser:
    can we get a bit more info in these OPs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,897 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Never got the whole Julia Roberts thing to be honest I don't think she has ever been more than a below par average actress.

How long into the series before she does that trademark laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

There was not.. and still isn't.. much info available for it. It's wiki is sparse:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homecoming_(TV_series)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Never got the whole Julia Roberts thing to be honest I don't think she has ever been more than a below par average actress.

How long into the series before she does that trademark laugh.

Do below par average actresses win Oscars?

Do below par average actresses win Oscars?

Cher, Gwyneth Paltrow, Hallie Berry, Renee Zellweger, Jennifer Hudson, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Whoopi Goldberg, Angelina Jolie, Mira Sorvino, Mo'Nique.

I would say yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Based on this podcast, may be different, may contain spoilers:

https://www.gimletmedia.com/homecoming

http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/review-podcast-homecoming-season-2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Cher, Gwyneth Paltrow, Hallie Berry, Renee Zellweger, Jennifer Hudson, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Whoopi Goldberg, Angelina Jolie, Mira Sorvino, Mo'Nique.

I would say yes.

Except that these were two of the most deserved wins in Oscar history.

Trailer

• Advertisement

Oh that gave me the shivers!

Did anyone notice
    a face in the fish tank at the start?
    I mean, I wasn't sure but when
    it showed a hand at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This is getting crazy good reviews. Has anybody watched it yet?

Halfway through. There's only 10 episodes and they're around 30mins each.
    The production quality is high especially some of the experimental feeling camera/visual work.

The acting is good... but like Julia Roberts like.

There does feel like a big mystery in the background.
    Until now the big feeling I was getting was tension building.
    Just at the half way point there has been a little relieving of the tension.
    But! The big mystery and it's hold on the tension lingers.

Start of Episode 7: Boom! Here we go!

Middle of Episode 7: :eek:

End of Episode 7: Oh f**k!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I really don't like Mr. Robot, but I liked this. No need for the black borders for the
    future
    scenes though, cut my 55" screen down to like 28", that must have really sucked on a small TV.

Unsure about a second season. The tension and
    timeline
    seemed to hint at something much more sinister going on, but once the mystery was revealed and I finished the tenth episode, I felt a little underwhelmed. Decent enough show overall.

Episode 9:
    Ah no, Mrs Trotter!

Finished!

At first I was like: Aaahh that was good. Tension relieved!
    But then like! DON'T SKIP THE END CREDITS SCENE! :eek:
    Felt like it was wrapped up until then.

Decent season size at 10 episodes and not much playing around with the 30 minute episodes. The production quality stayed high throughout.

The acting from Julia Roberts, Bobby Cannavale and Shea Whigham was good.
    You know what though, Sissy Spacek was also really good. Like her part didn't seem huge but it kinda was I think.

I wonder when season 2 comes out. The wiki just says:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homecoming_(TV_series)#Production
    On July 19, 2017, it was announced that Amazon Video had given the production a two-season straight-to-series order.

I thought the big mystery was done but
    Audrey at the end there
    . So that's gonna leave
    the audience with the tension
    !! So yeah, roll on season 2!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've watched the first 3 and enjoyed them. Is Esmail influenced by Kubrick at all? I thought it had that sort of vibe, or maybe some auteur. TV therapists always have huge, immaculate offices. I liked the portrait mode phone style, though it wasn't until episode 3
    that I noticed Heidi's hair was darker in the future. I've no idea if it's an experiment re the men/Florida, intrigued.

Well, episode 8 certainly kicked things up a bit. Coupled with playing things out with ivories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I liked it, although I don't think it particularly went anywhere beyond what we already knew pretty early on, it was quite predictable in the end. But the acting was good and I love Esmail's cinematography which kept me going.

Surprised there's a second season, felt like a one off, especially with the ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Really enjoy watching Bobby Cannavale, underrated actor imo

Julia is out and won't be returning for season 2.

Yeah, saw that. Think it was agreed before they went into production anyway? Not sure where it'll go now.

Sam Esmail the director of all the episodes of season 1 is also now out of season 2.

eh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Another one that would have best been left as a single season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,568 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Stephan James and Hong Chau are back for 2

Just noticed that Janelle Monáe is listed as "Main cast (Season 2)" on her wiki page:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janelle Monáe

Season 2 teaser.

Chris Cooper and Joan Cuusack join the cast.

Starts on May 22nd

• Advertisement

New trailer, looks good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Only twigged there today this had a season 2 after seeing it promoted on Prime; this is very surprising. "Season 1" felt like a very self-contained, eccentric vehicle that didn't need a follow-up.

Only 7 half hour episodes!
    It is set after the events of season one and beings with a 'last season on' bit.

2.1: Kinda glad for the previously bit.
    Not sure anything is what it looks like but that seems to have been the point here. Don't take anything for-sure. Looks like she was here with yer man looking for something. At a guess it's the farm. Not sure if the last guy could be Mr Geist.

2.2: Ha!
    So she must have been sent to get Walter but got done by the drug! I didn't notice if that was Walter at the lake in the first episode. I didn't think it was.

3:
    She completely bluffed him!
    :) Next episode gotta be about
    Walter I'm thinking!

4: The DOD
    just comes in and takes over! I'm pretty sure they're allowed to do that too.
    At this stage I'm thinking they'll just be showing the full kinda single-event-loop but that there'll be an opening for a season 3.

• Advertisement

5: Gah! What's gonna happen!
    That watermelon looked like it was alright when we saw it first so she's not gonna end up using it. She's gonna go lookin for him whereever they were fishing. I think she's gonna try and get him to drink that berry stuff but he'll fight back and she'll end up drinkin it.

Then this
    DOD stuff. Something wierd going on there. Like maybe the DOD woman is bluffing something.

6: Awe that
    drive to the lake was so tense! Just waiting to figure out how it all went down. I thought she might have injected herself when she tripped up running away. Well, now I guess we get to see what happens next.

Just one more!

Over all an interesting and better season to season 1 and the ending pretty much closes it off for me no need for a third season.

Finished! Overall, a good follow on to season one. Felt less grounded than the first season but I think I took that from the more corporate setting.

7: I
    didn't see that coming right to the end when he was strolling by with the empty containers. The look on Geists face!
    :)

I could see a possible season 3 at the end and
    it could bring back Julia or just his army squad if she's not interested/available

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Troyaferd

This Season feels really anticlimactic. Season 1 was really interesting and had a strange feel to it and atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,318 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

3 episodes into season 1....I really like it very intriguing..you can kind of tell it's same person who did Mr robot style wise.

Saw an ad for season 2 and started watching season 1 as I'd never heard of this before. Love it! So well done, written, acted, shot. Aww the ending though.

Thanks for mentioning there was a post credit scene or i woulda missed it. Not that im sure i get it
    was she using the roller like a nerve calmer?

2.01 - Soundtrack feels part horror, part sci-fi.

ah dr phlox is in season 2 :D

Advertisement