Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brownsbarn Orchard, Citywest

Options
  • 02-04-2020 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for any meaningful feedback from people familiar with this Celtic Tiger era development in Citywest as I'm considering purchasing a home in there at the moment.

Safety and security as well as quality of build (can traffic on N7 be heard for example) would be the highlights and would be good to hear from any long term residents.

Not that it matters but I do know from research that the houses were all rentals following development but this seems to be changing in the last few years.

Any feedback or insight very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,286 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for any meaningful feedback from people familiar with this Celtic Tiger era development in Citywest as I'm considering purchasing a home in there at the moment.

Safety and security as well as quality of build (can traffic on N7 be heard for example) would be the highlights and would be good to hear from any long term residents.

Not that it matters but I do know from research that the houses were all rentals following development but this seems to be changing in the last few years.

Any feedback or insight very much appreciated.

I lived out in brownsbarn gardens for a few months in an apartment out there.

It was an awful time. Paper thin walls. Anti social neighbours. Both Council and private operators refused to collect refuse or recycling because of how the communal bin sheds were being abused.

Couldn't wait to get out of there.

Is where you're looking at in the same neck of the woods? Just off the N7?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 KaiserSochez

Lawred2 that sounds pretty brutal. When did you live out there and do you think perhaps those issues were contained to just the development you were living in? Can you remember the management company by chance?

I'm looking at Brownsbarn Orchard with is the gated development of 26 houses across the street from the barbers. They're semi D houses around a green area and the build quality looks ok from what I have seen but i'm by no means a structural engineer.

Area is appealing due to potential commute to city center either by public or private transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,286 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lawred2 that sounds pretty brutal. When did you live out there and do you think perhaps those issues were contained to just the development you were living in? Can you remember the management company by chance?

I'm looking at Brownsbarn Orchard with is the gated development of 26 houses across the street from the barbers. They're semi D houses around a green area and the build quality looks ok from what I have seen but i'm by no means a structural engineer.

Area is appealing due to potential commute to city center either by public or private transport.

This was 2009 so a good while ago.. It was brutal. I remember nights were myself and my now wife were woken up to fights out on the landing... lads off their tits..

Management company were an abject disgrace - I might have some old emails. If I find one, I'll PM who they were on to you.

Could very well have been limited to that estate.. and maybe the time.

The commute was a ballache for me too.. Took about an hour to get to the IFSC. 20 minutes to get to the P+R and 40 minutes on the stop every minute Luas.

lawred2 wrote: »
    This was 2009 so a good while ago.. It was brutal. I remember nights were myself and my now wife were woken up to fights out on the landing... lads off their tits..

Management company were an abject disgrace - I might have some old emails. If I find one, I'll PM who they were on to you.

Could very well have been limited to that estate.. and maybe the time.

The commute was a ballache for me too.. Took about an hour to get to the IFSC. 20 minutes to get to the P+R and 40 minutes on the stop every minute Luas.

Thank you for the input.

Any others with first hand experience of Brownsbarn Orchard?

• Advertisement

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Cant comment on the Orchard but you should know just a couple minutes walk away in Brownsbarn Wood a man was stabbed to death by a woman in an argument over a car park space just a few weeks back

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/mother-of-three-38-is-charged-with-murder-of-man-trying-to-start-his-car-38994642.html

I did see that thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Friend had a house there. It seemed a lovely estate the last time I was there (maybe 5 years ago)

Thanks for the feedback Colm. Very helpful. You say 'had'. Did they move elsewhere do you know? any particular reason for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think he still has it but is living abroad.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think he still has it but is living abroad.

Thanks again ðŸ‘

Advertisement