Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MacGyver (2016)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,428 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It gets even more rubbish later on.
    The Phoenix Foundation head getting replaced with someone vertically challenged, wtf was the casting reason behind that, seems more of a piss take at their expense than anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

The Phoenix Foundation head getting replaced with someone vertically challenged, wtf was the casting reason behind that, seems more of a piss take at their expense than anything else?
    while I agree with the cast change unless its a plot point what is wrong with her been vertically challenged

M

while I agree with the cast change unless its a plot point what is wrong with her been vertically challenged

Absolutely nothing but I just don't know why they were chosen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Absolutely nothing but I just don't know why they were chosen.
    Maybe they aren't enough short people on TV.

M

764dak wrote: »
    Maybe they aren't enough short people on TV.
    There is not, why not include those who have lost a limb, those who are so obese they can't leave their house and also those who have become blind, come one come all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

It seems to be doing well in the ratings, so possibly to be renewed.

I'll keep an eye on here to see if it improves, but I stopped after ep 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,721 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

In the 1.05 episodes I watched, it just had the feel of another version of Scoripon , and just a bit too cheesy!

MacGyver shouldn't need sidekicks, (who are mostly there for comedic value). I know the original series had Jack Dalton, but he was used sparingly.

When I was a kid growing up, it was MacGyver all the way, yes, I also loved the A-Team & Airwolf, but for me MacGyver was head and shoulders above the rest. It was/is my favourite show growing up (I still remember getting my first Swiss Army knife as a present, and I've always owned one since then).

I feel sorry for Bozer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

In the 1.05 episodes I watched, it just had the feel of another version of Scoripon , and just a bit too cheesy!

MacGyver shouldn't need sidekicks, (who are mostly there for comedic value). I know the original series had Jack Dalton, but he was used sparingly.

When I was a kid growing up, it was MacGyver all the way, yes, I also loved the A-Team & Airwolf, but for me MacGyver was head and shoulders above the rest. It was/is my favourite show growing up (I still remember getting my first Swiss Army knife as a present, and I've always owned one since then).

It was the only way to maintain the mullet. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The last couple of episodes have been really great.
    Murdoc is a great villain and putting two other classic villain actors together (Mark Sheppard and Willlam Mapother) was good fun.

This reboot doesn't deserve the bad rap it's getting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

It isn't just a bad version of McGyver, it is also a terrible TV show.

There isn't even any point to the McGyverism's because the agency clearly has access to high tech sci-fi gadgets that they have no trouble smuggling on their person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Watched the 1st episode, was ok, watched about 5 minutes is episode 2 and had to turn it off.

Too many extra characters that just don't work, too much attempted comedy that just doesn't suit a MacGyver show.

I'm going to start watching the originals again

Have only watched a few & saw the 10th ep 'Pliers' in where Mac goes back to his highschool.

Will watch a few more, it's finished airing in US i see,

You're in luck, the original is showing it's 1st season again on CBS Drama M-F

I see a few more characters added & who got changed, also it's a wonder MacGyver wasn't a woman as Pete Thornton's character is rolleyes.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I slated the reboot from the trailer and first episode but am now watching it as a standalone series rather than using the original as a benchmark......and I am starting to find it ok. It is a bit unbelievable but then so was the original :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

(I still remember getting my first Swiss Army knife as a present, and I've always owned one since then).

list of ones used here!
    http://www.macgyveronline.com/database/saks

I had a spartan and some other which were pretty basic, some people thought he had those huge ones

Samantha Cage looks beautiful.

764dak wrote: »
    Samantha Cage looks beautiful.
    Although her eyes seem too deep-set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Anyone still watching ?
    I’m finding S2 ok

M

I've not hit S2 at all, going to binge on it over the next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I'm still watching it. The characters are better, acting is better and the effects are better. But still prefer the original though. Was more chewing gum, duct tape and a paperclip to diffuse a bomb instead of remotely logging into a system from the other side of the world.
    Long live RDA :)

Yeah it's good this year. Not unmissable but very watchable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's a grand 40 minute show to have on when you are doing something else, if you miss a week or 2 it wouldn't matter too much either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The last episode I watched was when Bruce McGill was in it and only watched it this week because I saw Michael Des Barres was on it and I will probably only watch it again when/if RDA shows up.

I found the episodes I watched typical are very CBS slick and by the numbers just hasn't grabbed me at all to watch weekly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well RDA isn't daddy Mac thankfully they did tease him a bit with the reveal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

From around the first season i believe it was hinted the Richard Dean Anderson could make an appearance as Mac's grandfather as a way to sort of boost ratings but nothing happened.

He could be in season 3. He is old enough to be a grandfather.

Tate Donovan was well cast, though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,146 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Good episode.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Anyone still watching ?
    I’m finding S2 ok

I just started watching this. why are the episodes aired all out of order

by the 4th episode the
    director is replaced with matty, no mention of why and features consistently in every episode after. then episode 13 at the end of the episode matty gets introduced as the new director, the hell :confused: , the start of episode 14 is clearly the next episode after the episode where the director gets introduced. matty first randomly appears in episode 4, then in every episode after and then gets introduced at the end of episode 13

I checked https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_MacGyver_(2016_TV_series)_episodes#Season_1_(2016–17) and all the episodes match the order they were shown, yet they are clearly out of order, what the hell happened here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 3 starts on Sky 1 on the 30th of December at 8pm and in other news George Eads is leaving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Season 3 starts on Sky 1 on the 30th of December at 8pm and in other news George Eads is leaving

Noooooo. I really liked him in this

• Advertisement

Anyone still watching this? Enjoyable season so far, and Henry Ian Cusick was a good addition.

I just watched last night's episode and it was the best this season. Good guest stars too, and a killer ending.

There were some eerie parallels with our current situation (if you were a conspiracy nut) :)

Jeri Ryan was great too... she plays a good
    villain
    !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭corkie

Mr E wrote: »
    Anyone still watching this? Enjoyable season so far, and Henry Ian Cusick was a good addition.

I just watched last night's episode and it was the best this season. Good guest stars too, and a killer ending.

There were some eerie parallels with our current situation (if you were a conspiracy nut) :)

Jeri Ryan was great too... she plays a good
    villain
    !

Still watching ~~~ Light entertainment for Saturdays!

Was generally surprised to see 'Jeri Ryan' make an appearance. Didn't know in advance.
    'Peter Weller'
    making another appearance as he was in it last year as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Watched one episode of this and thought it was total garbage. Is it still the same?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I caught up with this over the weekend, I'd a feeling that they were affected by Corna and just finished the series as it seemed extremely rushed, looking it up on Wiki I can see it was always just supposed to be a 13 episodes series. Can't see how they can continue from here outside of a baddie of the week type show, after all he's had his
    father and aunt sacrifice themselves for him as well as go rogue on so many occassions I've lost count, the whole show just doesn't make sense.

Yeah the season was a bit patchy and the supervillain climax was more of a whimper but it was enjoyable overall.

I've always been a big fan of Tobin Bell so I was happy to see him as a guest star.
    Plus,
    there is a chance we will see him next season too (if it's renewed)

Don't understand why Russ hid the fact that he was approached by the bad guys a few years ago.
    There was no reason for him to hide it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

This is returning on Sky next week for anyone watching it that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭brian_t

This is returning on Sky next week for anyone watching it that way

For anyone who doesn't get Sky - Pick is showing the first series starting on Thursday 4th June at 9pm.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    https://tvline.com/2020/07/20/lucas-till-suicidal-macgyver-peter-lenkov-fired/

I wonder did other actors have issues with Lenkov, Eads left too

I think Eads thing was that filming was taking him away from his family for half the year and he didn't really need the money

I think this show has found its own identity. Looks like Lenkov leaving has had a positive effect.

It's been very good this year.

• Advertisement

I'd say the MacRiley shippers will be happy

Boo. It's great this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did Richard Dean Anderson ever make an appearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Did Richard Dean Anderson ever make an appearance?

Nah there was some talk about having Richard Dean Anderson playing the allways mentioned but unseened Grandfather during season 1 as a rating booster but these plans never came to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

RDA said in 2016 that he isn't interested in appearing in the reboot:
    I’m not considering being a part of a project that has overlooked the insanely LOYAL FANS of the original character and has proceeded without considering how and why they all became and STAYED loyal fans…

Yes, I was asked, but no, I won’t be involved in the MacGyver reboot. I have tried to recognize that there really is a balance to be found here. Hence, my loyalty to my fans.

Mr E wrote: »
    Boo. It's great this season.

Do you think so? This whole love triangle/exes thing as well as Matty being on a screen the whole time while mentioning quarantine and then being able to get around the world has made it jump the shark big time for me, still watchable but of the 3 Friday shows (Macgyver, Blue Bloods and Magnum) it's a tied second with Magnum in my "next to watch" list.

Yep. I thought last season was patchy but I don't think there has been a true dud episode this season.

Clareman wrote: »
    I think Eads thing was that filming was taking him away from his family for half the year and he didn't really need the money

I do miss Jack but Murdoc is great

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
Advertisement