Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Graham Norton

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Yeah, Lewis Capaldi was great, funny as ****. Jim Carrey is very intense, Margot Robbie didn't look very comfortable next to him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

siblers wrote: »
    Yeah, Lewis Capaldi was great, funny as ****. Jim Carrey is very intense, Margot Robbie didn't look very comfortable next to him

Yeah, he was pretty creepy. She probably wasn't too happy he insinuated her success is solely down to her looks. I know he didn't mean it in a bad way, but it's basically what he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Lewis capaldi really made me lol

He was hilarious, I’ve never heard him interviewed before. He should have been on the couch from the start, but I think he was so funny even Graham wasn’t too sure how to handle him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Icsics wrote: »
    He was hilarious, I’ve never heard him interviewed before. He should have been on the couch from the start, but I think he was so funny even Graham wasn’t too sure how to handle him!

I've no interest in his music but I do follow him on Twitter and the guy is nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Still Ill wrote: »
    Yeah, he was pretty creepy. She probably wasn't too happy he insinuated her success is solely down to her looks. I know he didn't mean it in a bad way, but it's basically what he said.

Even though it was just a joke, it didn’t come across well somehow. I thinks it’s because Robbie looked uncomfortable sitting beside him the whole time, not just post-joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,563 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

brian_t wrote: »
    Jim Carrey and Margot Robbie will be on with Daniel Kaluuya and Jodie Turner-Smith while Lewis Capaldi performs "Before You Go"

Jim was OTT as usual but Lewis and Daniel were funny

Carrey plays a character. He isn't a happy person.

anyhow... subscribe to the graham norton show on youtube and you'll get advance clips of the show on a Friday evening.
    There are clips for David Schwimmer and Mark Ruffalo and they appear to be highly drunk and having a whale of a time. Mark seems very sweet-natured in his clip.

Carrey plays a character. He isn't a happy person.

anyhow... subscribe to the graham norton show on youtube and you'll get advance clips of the show on a Friday evening.
    There are clips for David Schwimmer and Mark Ruffalo and they appear to be highly drunk and having a whale of a time. Mark seems very sweet-natured in his clip.
    Mark Ruffalo seems like one of the most unassuming, genuine and pleasent actors out there. Has the Tom Hanks about him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Mark Ruffalo seems like one of the most unassuming, genuine and pleasent actors out there. Has the Tom Hanks about him

Yes....like he's bewildered why he's actually famous....but not overly bothered about it at same time

• Advertisement

David Schwimmer looks well, had it in my head he'd be destroyed by plastic surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

David Schwimmer looks well, had it in my head he'd be destroyed by plastic surgery

No your thinking of Russ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,480 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Last show of this run, tonight's lineup...
    Justin Timberlake
    Anna Kendrick
    Sam Smith
    Alan Carr
    Oti Mabuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

So looks like GN is a fully fledged Brit now after that comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

What did he say?

M

Well I suppose it's what gave him the life he now has, can't ever see him returning to Ireland for LLS and asking the guest what colour clothes they wore when they found out they had cancer and a month to live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well that was a dull episode and way to end this series. He did not even have anyone famous or talented on it. Maybe its time for Graham to go do something else. Even the Red Chair was crap. I think the Graham Norton show has had its day.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

M

Back next Friday, will be on at the earlier time of 9pm for a half an hour, no idea yet of guest lineup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Back next Friday, will be on at the earlier time of 9pm for a half an hour, no idea yet of guest lineup.

Half hour seems very short.

M

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Half hour seems very short.

Yes must be going to be a SKYPE setup like LLS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭brian_t

wrote:
    We may not have a studio audience but we’d still like to hear your Red Chair Stories...told from the comfort of your own homes!

P.S. Flippable chair not necessary but a good webcam is a must!.
    https://twitter.com/TheGNShow/status/1243166126177234946

• Advertisement
    M

Tonights Guests*
    Michael Bublé
    Michael Sheen
    Martin Freeman
    Daisy Haggard
    Celeste

All via webcam

Tonights Guests*
    Michael Bublé
    Michael Sheen
    Martin Freeman
    Daisy Haggard
    Celeste

All via webcam

I know 3 the M ones :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,305 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I googled Celeste and was disappointed it wasn't one half of the singers of "Ooh Stick You!"

Show doesn’t work like this, had to turn it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Anyone else think Graham's eyes looked a bit mad in the close up's?
    A kind of mad reflection off them.
    He called one of the guests darling or lovey while goodbyeing.:eek:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

I didn't like it. It still had just enough charm to remind you what you love about the show in normal times, but depressing enough to make you think, I don't want it like this.

It's the kind of show that needs an audience, and I think everyone involved knows that.

It kind of reminded me of his radio show actually, but not suited to a Friday night TV slot at all. I hope they don't insist on doing the whole series like this, just show a movie on Friday nights or something instead.

Ms

That show that begins with B is a load of absolute Rubbish and yes that is Rubbish with a capital R. Its just a horrible nasty show. I watched two episodes and that was enough of that Rubbish. I have better things to be doing than watching Rubbish like that. I hope it does not get more than 1 season as it will then be forgotten about quickly and let die. I skipped by the whole section on it simply no interest in it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I don't think it's just Graham Norton, any of these entertainment shows where they are doing remote interviews just doesn't really work. Especially as the audio or visual quality can be quite bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,076 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

AMKC wrote: »
    That show that begins with B is a load of absolute Rubbish and yes that is Rubbish with a capital R. Its just a horrible nasty show. I watched two episodes and that was enough of that Rubbish. I have better things to be doing than watching Rubbish like that. I hope it does not get more than 1 season as it will then be forgotten about quickly and let die. I skipped by the whole section on it simply no interest in it.

What show? I didn't watch this episode.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't think it's just Graham Norton, any of these entertainment shows where they are doing remote interviews just doesn't really work. Especially as the audio or visual quality can be quite bad
    I agree. I watched about 5 minutes of Have I Got News For You and switched off. It was painful to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

What show? I didn't watch this episode.
    Breeders..

.. for what's it worth, I didn't think it was a bad show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Basq wrote: »
    Breeders..

.. for what's it worth, I didn't think it was a bad show.

I quite enjoyed Breeders. I’m obviously a bad parent but I lol’d at some of the brutal parenting..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Alun wrote: »
    I agree. I watched about 5 minutes of Have I Got News For You and switched off. It was painful to watch.

I thought last week's HIGNFY was awful, but this week's was much improved. Still suffers greatly from the lack of audience, but they've obviously encouraged the panelists to respond more to each others jokes and the signal delay seems much less pronounced.

It will be very jarring in years to come when flicking through Dave and these repeats are in the schedule :pac:

M

Tonight
    Patrick Stewart
    Ricky Gervais
    Thandie Newton

Music
    Christine and the Queens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I think even if they were on the couch together it wouldn't have been a good episode with that lineup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I think even if they were on the couch together it wouldn't have been a good episode with that lineup.

Patrick Stewart's advice on Corona..... Space! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I love Patrick Stewart.

The Graham Norton show with him, Ian McKellen and Hugh Jackman is an all time favourite of mine.

Ms

I enjoyed that episode much better than the one before it but skipped Gervis as I don't like him at all. Its still nowhere near as when it is done in studio with a live audience but its what has to be done for now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

M

Tonight
    Richard E Grant
    Joe Lycett
    Chris Hemsworth
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge

• Advertisement
    Ms

That episode was terrible. I really don't think these Graham Norton episodes are going to have much of a rewatch value either when things do eventually get back to normal. Maybe he should have just took a break until this is all over as the format just does not work like this.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

M

Tonight
    Jeff Goldblum
    Imelda Staunton
    Louis Theroux
    Lior Suchard

Music
    Mabel

M

Tonight at the later time of 10.40pm

Guests
    Sandra Oh
    Rob Beckett
    Romesh Ranganathan
    Stanley Tucci
    Oti Mabuse

Music
    Niall Horan

Guests
    Sandra Oh
    Rob Beckett
    Romesh Ranganathan
    Stanley Tucci
    Oti Mabuse

Music
    Niall Horan

Romesh and Rob are everywhere

I thought the stars of Normal People were to be on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Guests
    Sandra Oh
    Rob Beckett
    Romesh Ranganathan
    Stanley Tucci
    Oti Mabuse

Music
    Niall Horan

****e lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Romesh and Rob are everywhere

I thought the stars of Normal People were to be on

Yea I thought I saw that as well

• Advertisement

toodleytoo wrote: »
    Yea I thought I saw that as well

Next week

Ms

****e lineup

Sandra Oh was alright.

I agree with the rest do they were all sh;it.

I never thought I would be saying this but The Late Late Show recently has just been better than The Graham Norton Show in this current climate. It just works better in the current climate. Grahams show does not in its current format and has just become very dull. The complete opposite of what it used to be.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

M

Tonight
    Will Ferrell
    Mark Ruffalo
    Paul Mescal
    Daisy Edgar-Jones

Music
    Billy Porter

Tonight
    Will Ferrell
    Mark Ruffalo
    Paul Mescal
    Daisy Edgar-Jones

Music
    Billy Porter

Was Will dressed as his Zoolander character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was Will dressed as his Zoolander character
    It was Eurovision inspired given what he was on to promote. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement