Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro wedding venue ideas

Options
  • 27-07-2020 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi all

My partner and I are planning on having a very small wedding with only immediate family present. There will be 14 people in attendance including us.

I'm not sure where to start in terms of looking at venues. We are planning on a civil ceremony. We are willing to travel within the country and are open to alternative venues. I'd really love if anyone has any ideas on where to start/knows of any interesting wedding locations for such a small group. Open to all ideas which is probably why we don't know where to start 🤗

Thank you so much in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

Butler House in Kilkenny. Got married there two years ago, can't say enough good things about the venue and the staff

Edit - We had 30 at our wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

We just had ours last Friday, we got a marquee in the inlaws garden and a BBQ catering company. It was absolutely perfect.

We had a civil ceremony through the registrar in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I had 17 24 years ago.
    Best thing for you is to book a very nice hotel with nice gardens convenient to yourselves and your family, where you can bring your celebrant to the smallest function room, go outside and take some pictures and come back in and have a very nice meal with very nice wine.
    If your having less then 30 then the best thing is to keep it as simple and relaxed as possible. Keep it all in one spot at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

We had 16 including us. Did it in a tiny hotel in Scotland (With incredible food) and wouldn't change a single thing. It was so much better than the countless 200 people ‘package deal’ weddings I’ve been to - in my opinion of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Have a look at Viewmount House in Longford. I believe they do boutique weddings with accommodations. The food there is outstanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

Thanks everyone for all your great recommendations, lots of avenues to explore! Much appreciated, you've given me some great ideas ��

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭buffin

We had 14 at ours too and loved it! We went to Roundwood House in Laois and loved it - the perfect venue and they couldn’t do enough for us.

We had a few of the guests, mostly siblings, conduct the ceremony for us and then others did readings or something during it too which made it lovely and personal. We did the legal stuff separately in the registry office a few days later. You can do the legal stuff there but we wanted the more personal approach.

We had a musician come for the ceremony and she stayed after and we had songs and canapés in the sun while getting photos taken. I highly recommend that if you can afford it and it’ll suit your guests - she elevated it beyond a standard get together. We then had dinner and a small band (friends of the owners of the house) and it was perfect.

Definitely take advantage of the small numbers and make the day what will suit you and your guests!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

Hey buffin!

Thank you so much for your response! I just looked up Roundwood house and its absolutely gorgeous. I love how you involved your guests in the ceremony, I can imagine it was such a special day! Definitely going to look into it, thank you for the recommendation, we had never even heard of it!

Advertisement