Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LUAS Taxsaver

Options
  • 15-12-2019 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭

Most of the calculators are based on the assumption that USC is paid at 4%. I have a medical card so I only pay 2%.
    Would that make much difference to the ticket cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

You can do the calculation yourself. You subtract the total tax percentage (PRSI + PAYE + USC) from the ticket price. So for you that might be 4% + 40% + 2% = 46% discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is it better to go for the monthly or annual ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Gael23 wrote: »

Di you see yourself staying in the job for the year ? If yes then the annual is better. If not then go for the monthly. Transdev don't do refunds

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Gael23 wrote: »

Annual gets you two months free so is generally better, but there is a fee if you cancel your ticket during the 12 months (Transdev run their own Taxsaver policy so as above a refund might not be possible).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

piplip87 wrote: »
    Di you see yourself staying in the job for the year ? If yes then the annual is better. If not then go for the monthly. Transdev don't do refunds

Yes I will be but can’t say for sure I’ll be living in the same location for a year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement