Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wexford to Galway

• 26-08-2009 2:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Can someone please help me. I am very confused and tired right now looking up stupid timetables. Whats the quickest way to get from Wexford to Galway? Would it be quicker to get bus to dublin then on to Galway or to lim and through clare? I think the train takes 8 hours. God help me il never be able for journey home every week

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

There is a bus a 7:20am from Wexford (trinity square) to Waterford Bus Station arriving 8:45 and There is a bus to Limerick leaving at 8:50 arriving at 10:25 and a bus in Limerick to Galway at 10:25 arriving in Galway at 12:45 and if you miss that one 11:25 bus arriving at 13:45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

I looked at going to Dublin and it would be just as quick and better road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭claireloopy

T Corolla wrote: »
    There is a bus a 7:20am from Wexford (trinity square) to Waterford Bus Station arriving 8:45 and There is a bus to Limerick leaving at 8:50 arriving at 10:25 and a bus in Limerick to Galway at 10:25 arriving in Galway at 12:45 and if you miss that one 11:25 bus arriving at 13:45

Cool thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The Bus Eireann timetable for that trip is at:

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1238681137-55.pdf

They do err on the side of caution by allowing 1 hour 10 mins at Limerick rather than 10 minutes for the connection between buses.

The full timetable for Galway-Limerick services is at:
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1243343194-51.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Scorpio Girl

i went last year from carlow to galway on the train. if you live on the carlow end of wexford this might suit you. i think the train took about 3 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭serfboard

God help me il never be able for journey home every week

No you won't ;). At a guess, I'd say you're a student about to start studying in Galway. You might be able to travel via public transport every week until Christmas, but you'll eventually get fed up with it and simultaneously discover that Galway is not Outer Mongolia and stay an odd weekend :).

If you do decide to go via Dublin, note that there are three bus services going from Dublin to Galway- Bus Eireann, GoBus and Citylink. GoBus is non-stop and uses the motorway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭claireloopy

Thanks for the help everyone I have plenty of options anyway. I know I wont be able to come back every weekend but just once or twice a month would do :D Cant wait for Galway not long left now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,084 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you do decide to go via Dublin, try and by-pass the city centre by changing at Dublin airport instead. (I have no idea if this works for Waterford-Dublin, but it's a good time-saver for people going to/from elsewhere).

Advertisement