Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction beginning - couple of newbie questions

Options
  • 04-08-2020 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

So finally about to begin construction on our small kitchen extension. This might be a trivia question but should I or am I expected to leave out tea/coffee for our builders?
    What’s the norm?
    Also as I’ll be in the house, holed up in the sitting room with our dogs for most of the duration and as a mid terrace house it’s going to be difficult. Any tips for survival?
    And one more thing, during the whole covid19 crisis is there anything I should be doing or they should be doing to minimize contact with our household.
    Obviously they will need to use our bathroom, it's upstairs how does that work with feet on carpets etc?
    All tips, suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Realtine wrote: »
    So finally about to begin construction on our small kitchen extension. This might be a trivia question but should I or am I expected to leave out tea/coffee for our builders?
    What’s the norm?
    Also as I’ll be in the house, holed up in the sitting room with our dogs for most of the duration and as a mid terrace house it’s going to be difficult. Any tips for survival?
    And one more thing, during the whole covid19 crisis is there anything I should be doing or they should be doing to minimize contact with our household.
    Obviously they will need to use our bathroom, it's upstairs how does that work with feet on carpets etc?
    All tips, suggestions welcome.

Tea
    Up to you. Most will bring their own goods. One thing I will say is that builder will destroy your kettle, cups, spoons etc and before anyone has a go at me, I’ve spent my life on sites.

Best off them the space to use their kettle, microwave etc
    No harm being nice.

Holed up
    Try get out as much as possible as the dust levels will be quite high.

C19
    That’s a health and safety requirement now so the C19 plan will be on the compliance officer. Whoever that is.

If they are using your bathroom, ask them to lay plastic on the route from the site to the bathroom. Otherwise they should have a portaloo.

Advertisement