Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Boiler - grant?

Options
  • 04-08-2020 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭

I've had a few quotes for a new gas boiler/installation. In fairness, all are in or around the same.

But I'm trying not to get an answer in relation to this grant.

https://www.seai.ie/grants/home-energy-grants/heating-upgrade-grants/

Long story short, in order to be eligible for the grant, will you end up spending more money on a more expensive boiler? Trying to figure out how worth it, it is. Any quote I've received has not factored in any grant. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

You don't get any grant for a new boiler you get a grant for up grading your heating controls. Yes of course its going to increase the cost as its a different measure from just installing a new boiler..
    Adding heating controls too your system will make it more efficient and long term you will reduce your gas bills. You can get heating controls added at any time in the future providing that your house meets the new measures that were added to the lists last February.

Advertisement