Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Mii

Options
  • 29-07-2020 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭

apologies if this is in the wrong section but would appreciate any opinions on this.
    i'm currently looking in to buying my first car and there's a second hand seat mii i'm interested in but i was reading earlier that production of the mii stopped in 2019 and from now on it will be electric. should this make any difference, would i be looking at any problems down the line if i needed any repairs carried out, and if i decided to sell it on in a few years time would i struggle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

ooter wrote: »
    apologies if this is in the wrong section but would appreciate any opinions on this.
    i'm currently looking in to buying my first car and there's a second hand seat mii i'm interested in but i was reading earlier that production of the mii stopped in 2019 and from now on it will be electric. should this make any difference, would i be looking at any problems down the line if i needed any repairs carried out, and if i decided to sell it on in a few years time would i struggle?

You'd still get the back up from Seat etc.

Manufacturers change models all the time so I really wouldn't worry. To give an idea the Ford Fiesta and VW Golf are currently on their 8th generation.

So buying a car that's no longer in production is fine from a parts and repair viewpoint when it's a manufacturer like VW or Ford

You probably know this already but the VW Up and Skoda Citigo are the same car just with different badging. So that gives you more options when buying what's basically the same car.

In that class of car id also look at a Hyundai i10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭ooter

thanks a lot for the reply.
    i've had a look at other cars, aygo, up, 107, C1, but this mii is 5 door and looks to have a decent boot so that's why i'm swaying in that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's basically the same car as the VW Up! and Skoda Citigo.

Can't find the article now but I'm sure I read this morning that both of those models have been discontinued also.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The only thing I’d be cautious about with them is if it was a rental car. A huge portion of Mii sales were rentals.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The only thing I’d be cautious about with them is if it was a rental car. A huge portion of Mii sales were rentals.

Interesting, how would I know if that was the case?
    The ad says 2 previous owners and 110,000 miles.
    2014 car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Seems like spaceship mileage in 6 years on a little car like that. Bound to be a rental in first few years

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Interesting, how would I know if that was the case?
    The ad says 2 previous owners and 110,000 miles.
    2014 car.

Go on to cartell and check the reg numbers before and after. If they’re the same car then it’s probably a rental.

I had a VW up for a 3 years, was a grand little car and perfect for first time driver in all aspects, I recently drove a rental Mii (192) for a week the only difference I noticed was that the Mii was a lot quieter, my judgment could be blurred by time, if I had kids starting to drive I wouldn't hesitate in getting them an up/Mii/citigo.
    mine had micras.
    Also, I bought an ex rental polo a good few years ago, was advertised as such, bought it from Michael Moores in Athlone, only problem I had with that car was the master cylinder went on it 2 days before the warranty (2 yrs) ran out, so I guess I dodged a bullet there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This the car?

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2586729&r=s.php%3Fm%3D78%26o%3D2231%26r%3D2014%26g%3D0

If it is then it most likely was a rental as the next 2 numbers up are Mii also, rental cars get bought in batches so they normally get registered consecutively too. 110,000 miles on a rental especially a small car can be harder than 110,000 miles on a non rental car.

• Advertisement

yeah that's the one.
    thanks a lot lads, i may start the search again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

4500 feels like strong money too for what they are

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

GavMan wrote: »
    4500 feels like strong money too for what they are

I'm sure that's because of the Valet and the Service they're offering with it.

Personally, I'd expect a clean car and some sort of service to be done/reviewed at that price from a dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

To be fair rental or not, it’s about as good value as you’re going to get.

You could look at maybe a 2010/2011 Ford Fiesta, or a slightly newer Nissan Micra if they’re you’re thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Casati

yeah that's the one.
    thanks a lot lads, i may start the search again.

You’ve got good advise there spotting that’s was an ex rental and miles is a bit high.

They are good car, plenty lively and nice to drive so keep looking for other examples and consider the VW or Skoda versions as they are exactly the same bar the badge

Advertisement