Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Bell Time

Options
  • 24-11-2019 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

HKC SW-1070. Previously when I powered down the alarm system the external bell would sound for 10 minutes on its own backup battery. Today I powered the system down and the bell sounds continuously. I let it run for 30 minutes and then reconnected mains power to stop it. Do I need to reprogram this bell time in the main menu ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭altor

djh2009 wrote: »
    HKC SW-1070. Previously when I powered down the alarm system the external bell would sound for 10 minutes on its own backup battery. Today I powered the system down and the bell sounds continuously. I let it run for 30 minutes and then reconnected mains power to stop it. Do I need to reprogram this bell time in the main menu ?

Once the system is powered the timer in the system control the time, it will stay the same unless you change this in the timers menu.

Once you power off the system completely there is a link in the sabb itself that is set to control the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭djh2009

altor wrote: »
    Once the system is powered the timer in the system control the time, it will stay the same unless you change this in the timers menu.

Once you power off the system completely there is a link in the sabb itself that is set to control the time.

Hi Altor,
    Thanks for the reply. And can this link be removed to reduce the external bell time when powered down ?

Hi Altor,
    Thanks for the reply. And can this link be removed to reduce the external bell time when powered down ?

If you remove the link the bell will run till battery dies.
    Normally the link is set for 15 minutes but you can also set it using the link for 3 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭djh2009

altor wrote: »
    If you remove the link the bell will run till battery dies.
    Normally the link is set for 15 minutes but you can also set it using the link for 3 minutes.

Is the link obvious or can you direct me to it please ?

Is the link obvious or can you direct me to it please ?

Yes its on the left hand side of the sabb as you look at it opened.
    Under the wiring of the strobe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement