Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 bets to broke 2019-20 edition

Options
  • 23-11-2019 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

‪Ascot 12:55 ‬

‪Betting that Nichols horses will be better chasers is a no brainer. Darling Maltrix had a very educational looking run last time out and clearly should be well handicapped to take a race like this, with a step up in trip . ‬ He won over hurdles over this trip and will be trying a bit harder this time I’d imagine .

‪2 points win 7/1 gen ‬

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Navan 2:30

Burgas has the look of an unexposed horse over this trip. He seemed to be improving at the end of last year and has a reasonable record fresh. I think hell be suited by this step up and 25/1 with 6 places looks value

1 Point EW 25/1 6 place paddy/sky

Did this fall at the second hurdle?

Did this fall at the second hurdle?

just wasnt around this weekend, and when i did get the chance couldnt find much in the way of value. Itll run until punchestown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Morgans

Things I've noticed.

1) Aidan has been very good in pinpointing longer priced winners
    2) Aidan is on a pretty long losing run
    3) It is as much about longshots as value - maybe more so
    4) If you come at someone who puts up selections, you better come good. There is a vast difference between Aidan and goatboy
    5) It is disingenuous to compare shorter odds that take advantage of extra places with Betfair SP. Just make your point without comparing apples and oranges

While a winner or two would be great, the frequency of the winners that Aidan put up at long odds previously means that he has lots of brownie points in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Admin note: Labhras OMurchu has been sitebanned. All of his posts attack aidankkk - that's bullying and will not be tolerated here.

On a side note, I'll try and sort out some mods here too. The forum is the wild west at the moment (no mods), which is why reported posts aren't being dealt with.

Bear with us while we get someone in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Nobody has actually challenged what I said - they've merely attacked me for saying it.

You make very valid points, but it's a pointless exercise as I alluded to before:
    yaboya1 wrote: »
    It seems a few on here back a couple of the forum tipsters winners and then become overly protective of them.
    The tipster become above questioning despite many, many bad calls because a few backed a big priced winner he tipped many moons ago.

There's loads of examples of this, but you're rowing against the tide when you ask legitimate questions. The fanboys come out in force and the nonsense they spout drowns out any reasonable debate. Best just to ignore them and leave them massaging the ego of their favourite tipster. Not worth the time or effort to do anything else imo as your genuine queries will be disregarded and questions about how many winners you've tipped becomes the defence. Pointless.

An example of the above has been posted recently in this very thread:
    handsfree2 wrote: »
    His call on son of a flicka for the coral cup at 40s or 50s means that he'll be in the good graces for life!!

You even get some of them lying for their hero:
    bladespin wrote: »
    One very obvious difference us the goat’s stating that if the bet lost he’d be done

When there's actually evidence to the contrary for anyone without the rose tinted glasses:
    aidankkk wrote: »
    The bad run is going on too long now, so i fancy a load of horses this weekend. Making a decent profit on selections means continuing, not means a break till Cheltenham.

Although you've made the most valid points and would win any balanced argument, you're just not going to get the majority to agree with you for the reasons stated above.

As stated before:
    Pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Mr E wrote: »
    Admin note: Labhras OMurchu has been sitebanned. All of his posts attack aidankkk - that's bullying and will not be tolerated here.

On a side note, I'll try and sort out some mods here too. The forum is the wild west at the moment (no mods), which is why reported posts aren't being dealt with.

Bear with us while we get someone in place.

Looked like he was attacking the posts (not the poster) to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

100% attacking the poster. He has a bee in his bonnet about Aidan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Looked like he was attacking the posts (not the poster) to me.

Agree.. Thought very valid points made. Guess the goat can get abused daily for his selections yet question some posters and the ban stick appears..

Poster obviously has intelligent points to make. Guess if there were a couple of posts which weren't based on puncturing Aidan's 'reputation' it wouldn't be an open and shut case. Not sure if there are people who's only comments are belittling the goats. Maybe there are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭flos1964

It is the pack mentality type attacks on the goat that makes very uncomfortable reading....banning the poster for making genuine points is a strange one...why not debate the points with him...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

This is strange. While it could be argued the poster was a little confrontational you certainly couldn't argue with what they were posting. It was all factual backed up with lucid & somewhat intelligent points linked to Aidan's actual posting. Fine if that's not allowed but look at the pile up on Goat daily, I even see there's a specific thread devoted to taking the p!as out of him

Not much else to add (other posters especially yaboya have covered it) but this is why this forum & site are quickly going down the toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Fanny **** wrote: »
    lucid & somewhat intelligent points linked
    There is nothing intelligent about creating an account for the sole purpose of following around one particular person and attacking everything they've ever written, while contributing nothing whatsoever yourself. Trying to link this with whatever nonsense is going on with the goat is a ridiculous strawman argument.

This tread can be closed , :o.. I dont think anyone should be banned. Lads are entitled to opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Jesus lads, will yous get a grip, winning run, losing run , what's the problem?

It's an open forum, Aidan or anyone else for that fact aren't charging for any of their posts here.

Name calling is uncalled for, disputing picks, not being included in the thread is fine, but in a constructive manner would be great.

Aidan please keep the thread going, I find it interesting to see a different view to betting markets.

Fanny **** wrote: »
    While it could be argued the poster was a little confrontational you certainly couldn't argue with what they were posting.

But that's not the point. The poster only posts to criticise Aidan. Which is very different and it seems to be the reason the moderator stepped in. Not that there was anything wrong in that individual post.

People have been claiming that this forum has been going down the toilet for years. Over and over again. As if there ever was a time when it was great. The forum's equivalent of "Wont someone think of the children". Usually, its people who while claiming to be so concerned about the quality of the forum, rarely post.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Can I be a Mod? Just for here?

aidankkk wrote: »
    This tread can be closed , :o.. I dont think anyone should be banned. Lads are entitled to opinions

I hope you stick it out. Always enjoy watching a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Aidan keep posting up picks please.......we all need another Baristan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Any Christmas crackers lined up Aidan?

• Advertisement
Advertisement