Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New station launching in Dublin tomorrow (Extreme 107.1fm) ?

• 22-11-2019 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Randomly found a station in the car today at 107.1fm, playing some 90s dance classics. Presenter came on and said it was a test transmission and tomorrow is the official launch. Can't find anything online about them. Anyone know if it's an "underground" station so to speak?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

DodoLurker wrote: »
    Randomly found a station in the car today at 107.1fm, playing some 90s dance classics. Presenter came on and said it was a test transmission and tomorrow is the official launch. Can't find anything online about them. Anyone know if it's an "underground" station so to speak?
    Yea tuned it in the other day, sounds like the guys behind either non stop 90s or NowFm, We will see how long it lasts playing Dance and chart music

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Great to see small independents putting out some different music. Good luck to them. A lot better than the mainstream advertising networks which essentially are drip fed into the masses, most of it pure tripe, propaganda for the bland at heart.

I hope it is a great success , good luck Extreme fm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Oh wow!!!! Sooooooooo cool!!!

Another pirate playing 90s dance classics!!!!

https://youtu.be/EZ73Q4DwrGM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

First classics I heard were on today, must have been one of the new DJs testing. In general they've been playing current chart dance.

Everything is ****e since Trax went off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 TraxDublin

Everything is ****e since Trax went off!

We're available on DAB digital radio across Dublin & Cork if your radio supports it!

Also available on loads of online platforms including...

www.traxdublin.com
    www.tunein.com/radio/Trax-Dublin-s290031
    www.liveradio.ie/stations/trax-dublin
    www.radio.garden/listen/trax-dublin

...and smart speakers - e.g. say "OK Google, play Trax Dublin".

Never stop raving! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Very amateur from what I’ve heard, Dj talking over the middle of songs & giving out a phone number with a few Trees in it

TraxDublin wrote: »
    We're available on DAB digital radio across Dublin & Cork if your radio supports it!

Also available on loads of online platforms including...

www.traxdublin.com
    www.tunein.com/radio/Trax-Dublin-s290031
    www.liveradio.ie/stations/trax-dublin
    www.radio.garden/listen/trax-dublin

...and smart speakers - e.g. say "OK Google, play Trax Dublin".

Never stop raving! ;)

Its FM or F**k Off! :eek::p:p

Very amateur from what I’ve heard, Dj talking over the middle of songs & giving out a phone number with a few Trees in it

Sounds really rough!!!! They should just give up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 D.Wilmott

There was some hard trance mix on Saturday night, really enjoyed it. Tuned in yesterday and this morning and they were playing what sounded like regular chart music. Any kind of variety on the dial is good imo. They have a website up extremefmdublin. com

• Advertisement

While in Dublin today flicked over. Sounds like a re-hatch of now fm

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

Still confusing. Is it a dance station? I heard soft pop music and love songs one morning. Today it was playing dance music being mixed by a DJ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,135 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

hibits wrote: »
    Still confusing. Is it a dance station? I heard soft pop music and love songs one morning. Today it was playing dance music being mixed by a DJ.

it's a dance and chart/pop station i believe.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

it's a dance and chart/pop station i believe.

It’s all over the place, leave the chart & pop to Spin, FM104, 98, 2FM & Today FM, To me it sounds like a station that was rushed on air. They should stick to a format and go with it & if I need a broken door fixed, A locksmith or a tan I know where to go 😂

It’s all over the place, leave the chart & pop to Spin, FM104, 98, 2FM & Today FM, To me it sounds like a station that was rushed on air. They should stick to a format and go with it & if I need a broken door fixed, A locksmith or a tan I know where to go 😂

well yes i would agree they should leave the chart to the legals.
    i have no problem with them taking adeertising tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

well yes i would agree they should leave the chart to the legals.
    i have no problem with them taking adeertising tbh.

I think they are finding their feet still but agree the chart music is a big no no!!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭TheLonelyOne

Decent pirate radio is DEAD.

Decent pirate radio is DEAD.

Couldnt disagree more yes there is still tripe on air but several operations in dublin are quite good. Storm ne is also reasonable

Fmradiofan wrote: »
    Couldnt disagree more yes there is still tripe on air but several operations in dublin are quite good. Storm ne is also reasonable

Totally agree, Storm NE, 1025kiss and Phever are very good at what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

castle2012 wrote: »
    Totally agree, Storm NE, 1025kiss and Phever are very good at what they do.
    The listener needs to know what to expect otherwise audience won't grow. Too many listening options these days so pirates need to have a niche.

• Advertisement

The listener needs to know what to expect otherwise audience won't grow. Too many listening options these days so pirates need to have a niche.

I heard from someone involved with extreme that they are thinking of introducing an irish hip hop section to one of the shows at some stage on a sunday evening!I
    It will be an interesting angle i think but it could go down like a lead balloon if the regular listeners dont go with it

I am finding the reception fuzzy when I am driving. Any tips ?

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I am finding the reception fuzzy when I am driving. Any tips ?

On all stations?

On all stations?

No just 107.1fm. I have been trying to listen in the car.

In what part of dublin?

I totally agree, this is where there last venture NOWFM went wrong and unfortunately it looks like the same mistakes been made again

castle2012 wrote: »
    I totally agree, this is where there last venture NOWFM went wrong and unfortunately it looks like the same mistakes been made again

i don't think this has anything to do with now fm.
    1 or 2 former dj's on there alright but that's about it.

i don't think this has anything to do with now fm.
    1 or 2 former dj's on there alright but that's about it.

Extreme & Now are entirely different yes there are some of the same djs involved but thats about it two separate operations altogether.

In what part of dublin?

I am living on the southside. I was driving on the northside yesterday and it was working fine. It also worked on the southside but as soon as I got above Nutgrove hill it went fuzzy?

I don't know much about modern transistors, but is it possible that the masts on 3 rock are interfering with the signal?

Can you hear it in Tallaght for example?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,702 ✭✭✭Infoanon

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I am living on the southside. I was driving on the northside yesterday and it was working fine. It also worked on the southside but as soon as I got above Nutgrove hill it went fuzzy?

I don't know much about modern transistors, but is it possible that the masts on 3 rock are interfering with the signal?

Can you hear it in Tallaght for example?

FM transmissions are line of sight - high sites eg 3 Rock, are required for good reception

Advertisement