Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaybo has left the building. Liveline 08/11/2019 to date.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,041 ✭✭✭✭neris

did joe make it in today or his crying into pocket square and red waistcoat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Orwellmerchant

Damien is at the helm

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm out as well.

No-wonder RTE is losing money when huge swathes of us are switching the radio off at 2pm.

Going from the thread I haven't even turned it on. And won't unless the subject changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Jaysus, that was a quick end to the auld thread.
    I went to make a cup of coffee and as Gaybo himself might have put it: "There it was....gone".

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

That's plenty for me. I am out, actually giving me a headache listening to this topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shearforce

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

I think I'll home school my daughter after listening to all these stories.
    Who is raising all these little monsters? Bullying at that young age was very rare 'back in my day'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭cozar

god will she ever stop. on and on ..................................

• Registered Users Posts: 19,995 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

mojesius wrote: »
    Who is raising all these little monsters? Bullying at that young age was very rare 'back in my day'.

there was always bullying, not sure if it is any worse now. parents certainly are worse

mojesius wrote: »
    True story:
    When I was 6 or 7 at school another kid stole my lunch. When I told my dad he said 'if he tries it again, give him a smack in th gob'.
    The next day I went up to the culprit and gave him a smack in the gob before he had a chance to repeat the offence. He complained to the teacher and I got lines to do. I didn't care, I had my satisfaction.
    After a while the lunch-stealer and I became best friends and remain so to this very day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

pc7 wrote: »
    Thanks to Gods Gift for title suggestion, felt it fitting week that's in it.

Usually rules apply, old thread here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058015912&page=669

I preferred my suggested title, so to speak. It's also applicable to the week dat's in it, with Joe, Tubs and Farcy about to fall below de poverty line so to speak.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    True story:
    When I was 6 or 7 at school another kid stole my lunch. When I told my dad he said 'if he tries it again, give him a smack in th gob'.
    The next day I went up to the culprit and gave him a smack in the gob before he had a chance to repeat the offence. He complained to the teacher and I got lines to do. I didn't care, I had my satisfaction.
    After a while the lunch-stealer and I became best friends and remain so to this very day.

'I had my fun, and that's all that matters'

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I seen bullying first hand quite often in secondary school in the early 80s.

Its nothing new.

I don't ever remember hearing stories of kids commiting suicide over it. Maybe they did in certain places. Are kids less resilient? Is suicide too talked about and putting it in their minds as an option?

But I think schools need to take a zero tolerance approach to it. Maybe if the young ones could start a movement like they have to Extinction Rebellion, and start calling out bullies, things might improve.

this bus driving has 'the shining' he can see things before they happen

2smiggy wrote: »
    this bus driving has 'the shining' he can see things before they happen

So can Joe:
    mrsb.jpg

Might help explain the fascination with death? The shirt certainly is shining, whatever about having it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I preferred my suggested title, so to speak. It's also applicable to the week dat's in it, with Joe, Tubs and Farcy about to fall below de poverty line so to speak.

Sorry butters may have missed it

Is that image photo-shopped. Silly question, but I can't tell real from fake with Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Jaysus.

You're great mister.

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Is that image photo-shopped. Silly question, but I can't tell real from fake with Joe.

De Mrs. Browinz wan? Nope, it's real. Joe "starred" in an episode, and de MOOOOOOVIE fillum.

I know there are exceptional cases but I think that a lot of the so-called bullying is just kids establishing the 'pecking order' amongst themselves. It's a natural thing. It's how you learn to fight your corner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

De chosen one is very apt, especially given our host's proclivity for leaving the seat on a weekly basis.

Anyways, where is the other mods that are usually all over this thread today? Hmm, can we deduce RTE connections?

this lads a bit of a dreamer...

Join the chess club is one of his recommendations...yeah that'll stop the bullies alright

How did we ever manage before ADD, ADHD, DHAD, HADD & SADS?

is Damo after going home ?

is Damo after going home ?

Nah, he's suffering from ADD :) (ie gone asleep)

please talk , off the air , please

BarryD2 wrote: »
    How did we ever manage before ADD, ADHD, DHAD, HADD & SADS?

We just had a syndrome called BLF, (Bold Little Fecker). It was treated with smack on the bum.

please talk , off the air , please

Joe off air wondering how he can get in on that phonecall.

FunnnyFryday levels of thread engagement today so to speak. D'Omen is usually good for an auld row, but is obviously failing today (I'm not listening).

• Advertisement

FunnnyFryday levels of thread engagement today so to speak. D'Omen is usually good for an auld row, but is obviously failing today (I'm not listening).

unless an actual bully rings in it'll be like this without any argument

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement