Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shower head water flow

• 01-01-2018 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

I got a new shower head because the old one was literally crumbling. However the flow of this new head is very poor.

I measured the flow from the head Vs just the hose and it's 50% less.

I tried drilling out the hole in the shower head but it only improved it slightly.

Any idea of a good shower head that has high flow or what to look for when ordering a shower head?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You don't say what type of shower you have or what type of shower head you need.

I find a Triton or Mira shower head for electric showers are good. You can buy them in Woodies but you'll pay around 30 euro.

If you have a fixed head shower, go to plumbing trade counter and explain what you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Don't know what you mean by drilling out the hole in the shower head. Is the new shower head bigger than the old one because the flow of water will still be the same. ( the narrow in diameter of the shower head, the more forceful the water flow will be)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Hopefully you haven't drilled out the head too much to ruin it?

Was the new head fitted long, could it have been suffering from limescale? Is it a power shower, and if so - was it to match the shower, brand wise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Sorry for the lack of info in the original post.

I ended up ordering this anyway.
    https://www.showerpowerbooster.co.uk/product/shower-head-6-multispray-patterns-low-head-loss-best-test-cranfield-university/

With the old shower head i was getting 5 litres per minute. This one is giving me about 8 litres per minute which is a vast improvement without affecting the pressure too much. Wife is happy anyway.

Advertisement