Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Murphy & Gunn BMW business at Milltown will cease trading

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

That's all they will all give though isn't it? Or am I missing something?
    Thanks.

What more do you want, it's a 2 year end to end warranty...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭MarkN

Sorry, is the AUC warranty above not the same as the 24 month warranty?
    Apologies if I've confused things here.

It is, different terminology but same product. Only really the dealers call it an AUC, to the consumer it’s a “24 month BMW warranty”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

What more do you want, it's a 2 year end to end warranty...

Think you've missed my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

MarkN wrote: »
    It is, different terminology but same product. Only really the dealers call it an AUC, to the consumer it’s a “24 month BMW warranty”.

Thanks, good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Jizique

mr c wrote: »
    Shocked to hear this
    End of an era

"MOTOR INDUSTRY CHANGES LEAD TO OUR MILLTOWN GARAGE CLOSURE
    Murphy and Gunn Hyundai business in Rathgar unaffected

It is with a great sense of sadness that the Directors of Murphy & Gunn Group have today (Friday, 31 August 2018) announced the intention to wind down the Murphy & Gunn BMW business at Milltown which will cease trading from 1st of October next. The Murphy & Gunn business in Rathgar is unaffected by this decision and continues to trade normally.”

Does anyone know if anything is happening to Rathgar? There are no second hand cars outside and most of the Hyundai stock in the showroom has been removed.
    There are also no brochures visible when I was passing today so it looks like it is closing.
    Valuable site, plenty of room out the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Closing at Christmas I heard... very valuable piece of land I would have thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

Murphy and Gunn had a turnover of 60 million in 2016 but only squeezed a profit of 1.1 million and this was wiped out by accumulated losses of 3.7 million from previous years. I fear the Hyundai off the shelf "budget" brand won't help profits hugely.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Dia_Anseo wrote: »
    Murphy and Gunn had a turnover of 60 million in 2016 but only squeezed a profit of 1.1 million and this was wiped out by accumulated losses of 3.7 million from previous years. I fear the Hyundai off the shelf "budget" brand won't help profits hugely.

Sounds like Hyundai are going as well though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭KevRossi

There was a solitary maroon E24 in there the past few months, not sure if it's still there.

road_high wrote: »

What will they be selling then?

• Advertisement

Nothing. Whole lot closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Probably fancy apartments for huge money!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Am I missing something or is there wires crossed all over the place here?

road_high wrote: »

Jizique is quoting the article from a year ago , about the milltown garage, which closed months ago.It specifically says Rathgar is unaffected .

Is there another article missing since about Rathgar?

Jizique wrote: »

quote="mr c;107976406"
    Shocked to hear this
    End of an era

"MOTOR INDUSTRY CHANGES LEAD TO OUR MILLTOWN GARAGE CLOSURE
    Murphy and Gunn Hyundai business in Rathgar unaffected

It is with a great sense of sadness that the Directors of Murphy & Gunn Group have today (Friday, 31 August 2018) announced the intention to wind down the Murphy & Gunn BMW business at Milltown which will cease trading from 1st of October next. The Murphy & Gunn business in Rathgar is unaffected by this decision and continues to trade normally.”

Does anyone know if anything is happening to Rathgar? There are no second hand cars outside and most of the Hyundai stock in the showroom has been removed.
    There are also no brochures visible when I was passing today so it looks like it is closing.
    Valuable site, plenty of room out the back.

Am I missing something or is there wires crossed all over the place here?

Jizique is quoting the article from a year ago , about the milltown garage, which closed months ago.It specifically says Rathgar is unaffected .

Is there another article missing since about Rathgar?

Nope. Read the last paragraph of Jizique post. No cars in Rathgar.

Murphy & Gunn no longer listed as Hyundai dealers.

The M&G website for Hyundai is still live selling a small number of cars.

Solo check still has M&G as normal operating business

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Murphy & Gunn no longer listed as Hyundai dealers.

The M&G website for Hyundai is still live selling a small number of cars.

Solo check still has M&G as normal operating business

Yes, but what about the apparent lack of activity at its Rathgar premises?

The Rathgar premises is the registered office for M&G holdings that manage(d) BMW, other franchise and M&G leasing. The leasing division may have to survive until all leases are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Jizique

Strange - dropped by this morning and all locked up.
    At least there was a statement when Milltown was closing - this seems to have happened with no notice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Had the car in Rathgar for some repairs a few weeks back and they did some of the job and said the rest would take too much time which they didn't have as they were winding down and didn't have the staff left I was told.
    I'd wager a property play is in the offing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,485 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

jay0109 wrote: »
    Had the car in Rathgar for some repairs a few weeks back and they did some of the job and said the rest would take too much time which they didn't have as they were winding down and didn't have the staff left I was told.
    I'd wager a property play is in the offing

No doubt, that site is worth a solid fortune.

• Advertisement

No doubt, that site is worth a solid fortune.

Locations like that are no longer suitable for main dealers anyway. There is no free on- street parking in the vicinity and the road is quite narrow for deliveries. Not alone that traffic in the area is increasing all the time. Winfield which was only a few hundred yards away closed years ago and the Opel Dealership on the Harolds Cross road has also closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Wow. I just had my Toyota avensis 07 fully serviced for the NCT 4 weeks ago in there and there wasn't a mention of any closure. That's a real shame as they were the closest authorized Toyota service centre.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

Wow. I just had my Toyota avensis 07 fully serviced for the NCT 4 weeks ago in there and there wasn't a mention of any closure. That's a real shame as they were the closest authorized Toyota service centre.

Why have a 13 year old car serviced in a main deaers?

Why have a 13 year old car serviced in a main deaers?

authorized Toyota service centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

authorized Toyota service centre

Why have a 13 year old car serviced at an authorized Toyota service centre????

Sure why do anything, ever? Why question people on the internet about stuff that doesn't affect you in the slightest?

Sure why do anything, ever? Why question people on the internet about stuff that doesn't affect you in the slightest?

I can see no rational reason for doing it. Maybe there is something I am missing?

It also happens to be the closest mechanics to my house. Does that help at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I can see no rational reason for doing it. Maybe there is something I am missing?

Toyota fixed price servicing is very reasonable. An oil service is less than €160 on most petrol models. Sure why wouldn't you. How much would you save going independent.

• Advertisement

It also happens to be the closest mechanics to my house. Does that help at all?

Changing your story now. First they were the closest authorised Toyota service centre now they are the closest mechanics.

Advertisement