Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BANDSCAN THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

paulwilson wrote: »
    would be something to do with rte you wouldn't get away with high power on a mountain site

Yea makes sense with the high power of rté 2fm on 91.3fm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Infoanon

paulwilson wrote: »
    would be something to do with rte you wouldn't get away with high power on a mountain site

91.6FM was used by Pirates as far back as the 80s ( Sunshine ) and was used without any issues until recently when it's rumoured that 2fm raised issues.

Potential to attract listeners not interference imo.

88.8/91.0/93.2 are / have been used in Dublin without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

Infoanon wrote: »
    91.6FM was used by Pirates as far back as the 80s ( Sunshine ) and was used without any issues until recently when it's rumoured that 2fm raised issues.

Potential to attract listeners not interference imo.

88.8/91.0/93.2 are / have been used in Dublin without issue.

Not sure about 91.0fm as Hot used this frequency and were forced off eventually. That could have been an issue due to the content as opposed to the frequency choice however.

hibits wrote: »
    Not sure about 91.0fm as Hot used this frequency and were forced off eventually. That could have been an issue due to the content as opposed to the frequency choice however.

Hot had to vacate their site afaik - similar to a number of stations over the last few months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Fresh 99.5 are off, presumably to allow Christmas FM to operate without issue.

• Advertisement

Chill fm have returned today on 87.6

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Anybody do a bandscan today? Didn't get to do one myself. Energy AM off all day was all I checked in on. Storm damage perhaps?

Same as Saturday except for :

Welcome return for Chill on 87.6 and Retro on 92fm.

Energy AM and 99.3 relay both off air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Anyone know where the Christmas FM 99.4 transmitter is coming from? It’s Monaghan/Cavan area, I was getting it in Letterkenny yesterday & Dublin today, It’s very strong, The local station in that area Shannonside/Northern Sound have nothing like signal. Yes Just curious as to what mountain or hill it’s on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Anyone know where the Christmas FM 99.4 transmitter is coming from? It’s Monaghan/Cavan area, I was getting it in Letterkenny yesterday & Dublin today, It’s very strong, The local station in that area Shannonside/Northern Sound have nothing like signal. Yes Just curious as to what mountain or hill it’s on.

It think the guys have Transmitter in both Monaghan and Donegal

• Advertisement

Easy and Phever are currently off air.

Easy have suffered aerial damage during the recent storms in Dublin.

The Vault continues to have live programming in the evening and sound very good.

Energy AM has made a few short appearances in the mornings over the last few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

The Vault continues to have live programming in the evening and sound very good.

Energy AM has made a few short appearances in the mornings over the last few days.

Miraculously, last night, I was able to pick up the FM pirates again, or, at least, 1025 Kiss came up! I think that was the only one on last night around Ballinteer direction.

The Vault - Same signal pattern as The Beach so I’m guessing it’s the same owners, Blew the car radio out of it around Lepoardstown, Stillorgan area. Didn’t travel well after that.

The Vault - Same signal pattern as The Beach so I’m guessing it’s the same owners, Blew the car radio out of it around Lepoardstown, Stillorgan area. Didn’t travel well after that.

Yes, that sounds like the same people who brought you The Beach! Does anybody know who is behind these operations and what their previous radio-related experience is?

Yes, that sounds like the same people who brought you The Beach! Does anybody know who is behind these operations and what their previous radio-related experience is?

I’m not sure but I preferred The Beach, The Vault had rock stuff you’d hear on Nova when I was listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

No sign of Phever on FM today are they also having technical problems?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

I’m not sure but I preferred The Beach, The Vault had rock stuff you’d hear on Nova when I was listening.

If thats the case i guess we can expect more bitching and moaning from brannigan from nova soon!

Sunnyboy11 wrote: »
    No sign of Phever on FM today are they also having technical problems?

A lot of stations have experienced storm damage over the last week so i assume so

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Rock Solid

It was Alot more than storm damage over the last few days.

Dublin City FM 103.2 on a carrier with no RDS.

• Advertisement

Fmradiofan wrote: »
    If thats the case i guess we can expect more bitching and moaning from brannigan from nova soon!

As it happens, Kevin Brannigan ran a few pirates from the south-east in his day, the same area as The Vault!

JDxtra wrote: »
    Dublin City FM 103.2 on a carrier with no RDS.

Back now. RDS says "Dub City" - has that changed? Looks different. Maybe it was all capitals before.

Rock Solid wrote: »
    It was Alot more than storm damage over the last few days.

Well could you elaborate please or is there a code of silence in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

Well could you elaborate please or is there a code of silence in place?
    At least one Dublin pirate had enforcemnet action taken against them.

That accurate information? Who's on so,? Who's off,?

As it happens, Kevin Brannigan ran a few pirates from the south-east in his day, the same area as The Vault!

??? Lost me on that post....explain please

And can somebody tell me who that pirate station was?

Yet he can give out **** about pirates being able to be received in port tunnel today! Hes just a jealous twat. Just because these stations (phever, kiss among the other well run operations) are doing so well and doing a good job with top class imaging and music quality just a fool blood is boiling here tosser!

And can somebody tell me who that pirate station was?

Yeh why all the secrecy?? I havnt heard of any raids or 'action' taken this week and i doubt comreg would be lurking around the mountains in that weather either! So come on spit it out mister vague....

• Advertisement

Yet he can give out **** about pirates being able to be received in port tunnel today! Hes just a jealous twat. Just because these stations (phever, kiss among the other well run operations) are doing so well and doing a good job with top class imaging and music quality just a fool blood is boiling here tosser!

Don't agree with you at all. Define doing so well? Doubt they'd be making a ton of cash. Might be loud, might be giving impression that they are up there but seriously...? They use their presence to promote their own nights out. Define well run? Not that well run, off air frequently etc. Phever not on air. They have said nothing...How is KB jealous? He has a license so think the Kiss and Phevers etc of this world be the jealous ones tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Back now. RDS says "Dub City" - has that changed? Looks different. Maybe it was all capitals before.

Correct, it was DUB CITY

Don't agree with you at all. Define doing so well? Doubt they'd be making a ton of cash. Might be loud, might be giving impression that they are up there but seriously...? They use their presence to promote their own nights out. Define well run? Not that well run, off air frequently etc. Phever not on air. They have said nothing...How is KB jealous? He has a license so think the Kiss and Phevers etc of this world be the jealous ones tbh.

First of all its not about 'making money' at least its not for most pirate stations at the moment. Yes some have 2 or 3 ads for certain companies and that will generate a small few quid for running costs etc..

Secondly whats the problem with them advertising their own gigs or in your words 'their own nights out' as if its just a pi*s up with the lads?!
    Have you any idea how much planning, organisation, structure and cost goes into these type of stations and 'nights out' as you put it??
    The simple answer is A LOT!

Thirdly, the likes of kiss and phever are very well run and for you or anyone to say they arn't is the height of disrespect for any of those involved with these stations.
    By well run I mean they are well organised, well funded and they both have a broad audience and especially phever they have been going for years and i believe will continue to do so! They had the great ideas of the likes of the hd cams in studio etc which none of the others will do also some big names have been on it over the years

as for them being on and off air all the time is directly as a result of KB and his actions several months ago they are clearly worried that if they push their luck authorities will come down on them like a tonne of bricks.
    And yes KB has a licence now but he didnt always have one lets not forget that!
    Another thing i have a serious issue with is the fact that he says pirates today are 'stealing' listeners from licenced stations!! Absolute bollix what person that listens to Nova would flick over to phever, kiss, extreme or any of the other pirates you answer me that! Utter bollix it is. These well run pirate stations cause no harm and provide a service simple as. 'filling a gap in the market' if you will.
    And yes i do understand that there is absolute muck on some of the other pirates i dont think anyone will disagree on that!

Now i hope that answers your question and makes sense!

Just to clarify I am not involved with either Phever or Kiss!
    I Just want to make that very clear!

First of all its not about 'making money' at least its not for most pirate stations at the moment. Yes some have 2 or 3 ads for certain companies and that will generate a small few quid for running costs etc..

Secondly whats the problem with them advertising their own gigs or in your words 'their own nights out' as if its just a pi*s up with the lads?!
    Have you any idea how much planning, organisation, structure and cost goes into these type of stations and 'nights out' as you put it??
    The simple answer is A LOT!

Thirdly, the likes of kiss and phever are very well run and for you or anyone to say they arn't is the height of disrespect for any of those involved with these stations.
    By well run I mean they are well organised, well funded and they both have a broad audience and especially phever they have been going for years and i believe will continue to do so! They had the great ideas of the likes of the hd cams in studio etc which none of the others will do also some big names have been on it over the years

as for them being on and off air all the time is directly as a result of KB and his actions several months ago they are clearly worried that if they push their luck authorities will come down on them like a tonne of bricks.
    And yes KB has a licence now but he didnt always have one lets not forget that!
    Another thing i have a serious issue with is the fact that he says pirates today are 'stealing' listeners from licenced stations!! Absolute bollix what person that listens to Nova would flick over to phever, kiss, extreme or any of the other pirates you answer me that! Utter bollix it is. These well run pirate stations cause no harm and provide a service simple as. 'filling a gap in the market' if you will.
    And yes i do understand that there is absolute muck on some of the other pirates i dont think anyone will disagree on that!

Now i hope that answers your question and makes sense!

Sounds to me like you have a PR gig with one of them.!

Im well aware what planning goes into events etc. I didn't say anything about a piss up, if you read my post it implied that they mostly promoted their own event nights. A webcam in the studio, what...that's innovative ?Considering all the legal stations did it 10 years ago, but its different cause a pirate does it. Lol. Not a pirates original idea...You see, perception is everything and that's where you got hooked in by it all but hey!

Was in Belfast today, did a band scan and came across Juice on 103.8, Is it a pirate? Sounds like it. I heard a familiar voice from the pirates in Dublin doing ads. On the way home 1036Wild stopped around Craigavon, Banbridge & Newry, Someone needs to edit the song information coming up, I got Artist, Title & bit rate 320.

• Advertisement

Sounds to me like you have a PR gig with one of them.!

Im well aware what planning goes into events etc. I didn't say anything about a piss up, if you read my post it implied that they mostly promoted their own event nights. A webcam in the studio, what...that's innovative ?Considering all the legal stations did it 10 years ago, but its different cause a pirate does it. Lol. Not a pirates original idea...You see, perception is everything and that's where you got hooked in by it all but hey!

Sounds like we have a comedian on our hands here folks!
    No i have nothing to do with either station however i know good radio when i hear it and them two stations are well up there with the best of them.
    I never said a web cam in studio was innovative i said no other pirate has done it moron! Nobody said it was an original idea either!
    Tbh your opinion means nothing to me its your opinion and your entitled to it but at the end of the Day so am I and in my opinion those two stations are up there with the best of them so say what you will.

Sounds like we have a comedian on our hands here folks!
    No i have nothing to do with either station however i know good radio when i hear it and them two stations are well up there with the best of them.
    I never said a web cam in studio was innovative i said no other pirate has done it moron! Nobody said it was an original idea either!
    Tbh your opinion means nothing to me its your opinion and your entitled to it but at the end of the Day so am I and in my opinion those two stations are up there with the best of them so say what you will.

When someone’s arguments take the form of personal attacks and name-calling it’s a pretty clear admission that they don’t have anything valid or worthwhile to say. You used the following word 'moron'in your reply to me.

By devolving into name-calling you’ve revealed the bankruptcy of your position. Thanks for making my point for me !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,141 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

if the pirates are jealous of any licensed station, it certainly won't be nova 100 to be fair.
    now if the original radio nova had got a license back in 1989/90 and was stil on today and hugely successful, then perhapse they might, but even then, it's probably unlikely.
    When someone’s arguments take the form of personal attacks and name-calling it’s a pretty clear admission that they don’t have anything valid or worthwhile to say. You used the following word 'moron'in your reply to me.

By devolving into name-calling you’ve revealed the bankruptcy of your position. Thanks for making my point for me !

except to be fair he hasn't made your point for you, and his position is actually solvent.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

Personal attack? 😂😂😂😂😂
    You need to lighten up pal and take your head out of your hole.

If you have any further complaints or queries please send them to

KB
    Radio Nova
    Dublin
    😘

Just to clarify what point were you making exactly?

• Advertisement

??? Lost me on that post....explain please

I was referring to the “south-east” of Dublin, i.e. Stillorgan and associated areas - as per Dipole Keith. I mentioned Kevin Brannigan because FMradiofan brought his name up, in the context of The Vault playing some rock music.

Sequence of related posts:

Love songs on 94.3 tonight...? Dublin 4/6/Dundrum area

Love songs on 94.3 tonight...? Dublin 4/6/Dundrum area

Phever normally on that frequency, What’s the story with them? There on & off a lot lately

RTE Gold being relayed on 94.3 this morning.

Phever normally on that frequency, What’s the story with them? There on & off a lot lately

They have been on a lot recently - only off since Tuesday.

Easy and Flash also off.The Vault and 90s Network are also off this morning.

Relay of RTE Gold went off air shortly after 11am.

Energy AM is on this Friday

You mean Fresh, not Flash. They are off because of Christmas FM.

I wonder if the 94.3 relay earlier was the same person broadcasting a few months back on same frequency. They used to switch off at noon.

Off since Tuesday, Off for a week in November for a college station 18th-24th, that’s a lot to the normal listener

You mean Fresh, not Flash. They are off because of Christmas FM.

I wonder if the 94.3 relay earlier was the same person broadcasting a few months back on same frequency. They used to switch off at noon.

What's strange is good that Fresh did not switch off last year and only went off a few days after Christmas FM had gone on air.

It's possible that the 94.3 is the same as the oldies station that aired recently but the transmission pattern and audio quality are different

Bandscan of a Friday? Thanks

Bandscan of a Friday? Thanks

Chill,Kiss,Extreme and Energy am on air - all others off at the moment.

Dance music has appeared on 94.3 in the last while - reduced power

• Advertisement
Advertisement