Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Anthony McDermot dies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jussayeh

OMG that's so sad and shocking! He was so young too. Was it cancer? Nothing online about how he died. He was my lecturer up to last December in UCD - loved his lectures - very funny, dry sense of humour. I'm so shocked and sad to hear this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Such an orator and an amazing communicator. Very sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭amusicalfrog

Saw him cross-examine one of the Quinn Insurance Ltd directors at a Central Bank tribunal recently and he was a marvel to behold. Never met him personally but apparently he was an incredibly nice man.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

He was excellent to explain stuff, may his God go with him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Very sad news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Had many a conversation with the man in the corridors of the four courts ... Lovely affable guy, extremely well mannered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

Never had the good fortune to meet him, but he's a good friend of good friends of mine who loved him - very, very sad news. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

It's a bad day for the law. RIP. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Just heard this very sad news. He was the most fantastic lecturer when I was studying in UCD. I’m shy but he was wonderfully approachable and very witty. Constitutional Law was always a joy. R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Very sad to learn this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That's sad. 47 years old is no age to die. I have never met the man. I thought he was a great communicator when discussing law on RTÉ's programmes.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Very sad news indeed.

This was one barrister whom I would have very much liked to have seen on the bench.

Advertisement