Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc ID sensor tamper fault

Options
  • 02-12-2019 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

My ID sensor is showing open tamper on the bedroom window even though the cover is on the sensor and the link is in the tamper terminals. Its just got the data wire and power connected so i cant bypass the sensor. Is there anyway to inhibit the tamper permanently rather than going through the steps every time i want to set the alarm until i can change the sensor I have the engineer code.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭altor

Willywally wrote: »
    My ID sensor is showing open tamper on the bedroom window even though the cover is on the sensor and the link is in the tamper terminals. Its just got the data wire and power connected so i cant bypass the sensor. Is there anyway to inhibit the tamper permanently rather than going through the steps every time i want to set the alarm until i can change the sensor I have the engineer code.

No, you would need to delete the device from the system.
    Is the link in the tamper on the device properly closed?
    If you take off the lid of the device and hold the spring in place does this clear the fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Willywally

Hi altor
    Yes the screws are tight on the tamper link wire. The open tamper has been coming up intermittently the last week or so. Tonight i took the cover off the sensor and held in the spring and the fault cleared but then reappeared minutes later. When i replaced the cover the fault took ten minutes or so to clear.

Hi altor
    Yes the screws are tight on the tamper link wire. The open tamper has been coming up intermittently the last week or so. Tonight i took the cover off the sensor and held in the spring and the fault cleared but then reappeared minutes later. When i replaced the cover the fault took ten minutes or so to clear.

Could be the spring needs to be extended a little to put pressure on it to keep it closed.

Thanks.
    The system is in 10 years now so i think i will just change the sensor. Is it a big job to ID a new sensor on to the zone

Thanks.
    The system is in 10 years now so i think i will just change the sensor. Is it a big job to ID a new sensor on to the zone

If you have the engineer code its only a matter of deleting and then adding the new sensor.
    That would be the next port of call if it keeps acting up.

• Advertisement

Cheers. I have the engineer code and i still revert back to the instruction manual that came with the panel from time to time. Im nearly sure there is a guide in there about how to ID a sensor so i will give it a go

Cheers. I have the engineer code and i still revert back to the instruction manual that came with the panel from time to time. Im nearly sure there is a guide in there about how to ID a sensor so i will give it a go

Perfect, its all in the devices menu but if you're stuck let us know

Thanks again

Thanks again

No problem, any other questions please let us know.

Got this done this evening. All went well just followed the instructions in the Panels manual and no problems. Had a bit of trouble finding the ID sensors in the wholesalers. We had to search through all the HKC stuff to find a few in at the back in a dust covered box. Are these becoming scarce

• Advertisement

Got this done this evening. All went well just followed the instructions in the Panels manual and no problems. Had a bit of trouble finding the ID sensors in the wholesalers. We had to search through all the HKC stuff to find a few in at the back in a dust covered box. Are these becoming scarce

Brilliant, glad you get it sorted, manuals and engineer codes are great to have :D

No, it just a more expensive sensor to use compared to a standard wired sensor.
    They show the location of each sensor and have more functionality meaning the settings of each sensor can be changed rather than having a group of wired sensors on the one zone which are all set the same. Plus from an end users point of view it makes life easier if they know which sensor they are having an issue with rather than having to inhibit a zone, each sensor can be inhibited.

Advertisement