Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can this be saved?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,112 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No, its mostly gone and they do not revive once they have got to that stage. Sorry, its a hopeless case!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Thanks for confirming - I thought as much as it hadn't grown either.

If I was to dig up and replace are those bushes easy to start off in the winter or do I have to wait till better weather?

Sorry I'm total novice here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bmc58

PCros wrote: »
    Thanks for confirming - I thought as much as it hadn't grown either.

If I was to dig up and replace are those bushes easy to start off in the winter or do I have to wait till better weather?

Sorry I'm total novice here.

Looks bad,not a lot of hope I'd say.There's also a disease of "fir type" trees going around which leads to those trees slowly going brown and dying.Time to accept it and get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,112 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Provided the ground isn't frozen (and it isn't) this is the best time to plant trees and shrubs. I suggest you do not plant another one of those there though. If it is diseased then the new tree could get whatever it is and if it is suffering from the site - which seems the most likely - then there is no point planting another. By that I mean that it is in a wind tunnel or in a spot that is not suitable for some reason, or maybe the ground was not well enough prepared - check there is a reasonable depth of soil and no lumps of concrete etc in there.

Probably no harm to dig a good sized hole (the size of that corner area) and fill with a bag of purchased top soil, its quite likely just sub soil or sand or other poor soil left from building or laying the drive.

Perfect thanks for your help looksee

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Best thing now is spray it with snow decorate it for Christmas,a swirl of light's etc

Burn it :)

I was actually only thinking of that! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

PCros wrote: »
    I was actually only thinking of that! :D

might as well give it a good send-off, I knew a guy in Blarney he painted his green and shaded it as well, giving it a real artistic look...
    Because he was attached to it, his dad gave it to him

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

may it RIP

Advertisement