Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installer of the HKC alarm won't give me the engineer's code

Options
  • 01-12-2019 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Spoke to them and emailed them the company is based in Dublin 12. They did the installation and maintenance years ago.
    Haven't been able to deactivate the alarm when entering the code it says "access denied". Asked them for help they said a half an hour visit would cost up to 150 euros. Said they cannot give the code because they use the same code for all their systems and also there is no engineer's code for the particular system I own as they cannot keep the code on record. Asked why is it not in the control box or written on the circuit board.
    No help or anything from them! How is it that one cannot get the configuration code for the system they own?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any good engineer could default and reset this system for you. Shop around and you will get this done cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

offalymike wrote: »
    Spoke to them and emailed them the company is based in Dublin 12. They did the installation and maintenance years ago.
    Haven't been able to deactivate the alarm when entering the code it says "access denied". Asked them for help they said a half an hour visit would cost up to 150 euros. Said they cannot give the code because they use the same code for all their systems and also there is no engineer's code for the particular system I own as they cannot keep the code on record. Asked why is it not in the control box or written on the circuit board.
    No help or anything from them! How is it that one cannot get the configuration code for the system they own?

The code is used to stop people changing settings in the control panel which may stop the system working the way its intended.

As said above any installer can reset the system for you which should work out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 benny1122

Hi there, I’m having a similar issue but I’ve got a few questions. I need the engineer code to fix the time and reset the battery timer on my system. However engineer won’t give me it and says it’s over 100 euro for him to come out and basically press a few buttons. If I reset the panel by disconnecting and pulling jp1, firstly what’s the likely hood of the panel being “engineer locked”, second is there and option just to reset codes and not the whole panel (10/70) system. And thirdly if the panel is engineer locked after I pull jp1. Would I be able to go back to the way it was or will it just be stuck being engineer locked?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If it's engineer locked it won't default and will control work as normal afterwards. If it not engineer locked it will offer you an option to just default the codes .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭newmember2

Would imagine it would, or at least should be engineer locked. Otherwise any burglar could just reset the codes in the same way.

• Advertisement

Not really. Any alarm would be well activated before a burglar could access the control panel.

Advertisement