Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cctv cam fogging.

Options
  • 28-11-2019 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

Wondering if you could provide me with a fix for this. Never takin one apart before.
    Though I would seek advise first.

IMG-20191128-135528099-HDR.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Wondering if you could provide me with a fix for this. Never takin one apart before.
    Though I would seek advise first.

IMG-20191128-135528099-HDR.jpg

There are 3 screws in it which will need to be taken out using an allen key. When you open it there will be a rubber seal which has probably perished and will need to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I took it all apart and cleaned everything. The 3 screws were a bit lose. Hopefully it sorts it.

What does surprise me is the cam itself. The picture quality is terrible. Grainy like SD tv. Except worse . In fact they are all a bit crap. All 5 of them. I doubt they would catch a number plate.

These were professionally installed 7 years ago. And after opening seem like serous bits of kit.

I recently bought a Chinese wifi cam for the house for 15 euro. Picture quality in like night an day. even in the dark. Clear and proper HD like you have on your telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭kub

I took it all apart and cleaned everything. The 3 screws were a bit lose. Hopefully it sorts it.

What does surprise me is the cam itself. The picture quality is terrible. Grainy like SD tv. Except worse . In fact they are all a bit crap. All 5 of them. I doubt they would catch a number plate.

These were professionally installed 7 years ago. And after opening seem like serous bits of kit.

I recently bought a Chinese wifi cam for the house for 15 euro. Picture quality in like night an day. even in the dark. Clear and proper HD like you have on your telly.

You are comparing apples and oranges there I am afraid.

Over the last 7 years picture quality has improved dramatically even so Systems that are in 2 years at this stage are behind the times.
    Might not be any harm to upgrade your system.

Advertisement