Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amount of time reasonable to give purchaser

Options
  • 17-05-2019 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

I saw a dream home, right next to a playground. i want it.

anyone know how long a vendor would wait. i mean ive a viewing for Monday. But I havent put my existing house on the market; nor applied for a mortgage for the difference. Though im sure i would get the extra top up mortgage from the bank as ive alot of equity and will not be much more.

whats acceptable, ive never sold a house before. i assume a vendor will want a ftb and not to be on a 'chain'.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

How long is a piece of string, they could be in a chain themselves, you won't really know until you talk to the estate agent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Right next to a playground eh...

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Right next to a playground eh...

Thought this myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 thepropertyguy

sdraobs wrote: »
    I saw a dream home, right next to a playground. i want it.

anyone know how long a vendor would wait. i mean ive a viewing for Monday. But I havent put my existing house on the market; nor applied for a mortgage for the difference. Though im sure i would get the extra top up mortgage from the bank as ive alot of equity and will not be much more.

whats acceptable, ive never sold a house before. i assume a vendor will want a ftb and not to be on a 'chain'.

Hi sdraobs

A couple of things to be mindful of. Don't take for granted you wil get the mortgage top up. Top ups are based on "pay back ability" so even if you have lots of equity if you cannot afford (under the banks rules) to pay back the bigger mortgage you won't get it.

On your specific quesiton, the lenght of time a vendor will wait is not set but our research shows that a property can be for sale for 3 months and then it can take anything from 3 to 9 months to get the sale through the legal process. So you have time but should start getting organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

Thanks. well spotted Jeff Kenna and Prospector. No flies on you guys. It sounds dodgy. (im going scarlet in the face).

its the modern parents dilema - cant let kids out on the road as they will get hit by a speeding heavy SUV. But with this gaff, i can just let the kids walk across road to playground. will save me spending on a slide, climbing frame. etc.

My wife has since reminded me that we cant be close to everything. And the effort to clean/repair our house so that is sellable is a massive undertaking. So for time being it will be keeping kids indoors on their XBOX.

And nice reminder property guy, i hadnt calculated what the mortgage payments would be.

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Surely buying a swing set and slides is cheaper then moving.

Worth noting play grounds also attract unsocial behaviour with teenagers often drinking in them.

Advertisement