Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathmichael, Shankill Dublin

Options
  • 27-04-2019 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some advice on the area around Shankill, Rathmichael, I see an awful lot of homes around there for sale and I'm wondering why so many people are trying to get out of the area or something else.

Would greatly appreciate any ideas and advice.

Thanks.

Comments

What part of rathmichael exactly?
    The townloand of rathmichael is easily one of the most expensive places in Dublin, multi millions for a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ken_dublin

bubblypop wrote: »
    What part of rathmichael exactly?
    The townloand of rathmichael is easily one of the most expensive places in Dublin, multi millions for a house.

Falls Road, Ferndale and surrounding. An awful lot of property has recently just gone on market.

Couldn't think of any particular reason, it's a lovely area.
    Unless they want to get out before the big construction at cherrywood, that would be neighbouring the area I suppose.
    Other than that I couldn't think of any particular reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

bubblypop wrote: »
    Couldn't think of any particular reason, it's a lovely area.
    Unless they want to get out before the big construction at cherrywood, that would be neighbouring the area I suppose.
    Other than that I couldn't think of any particular reason.

There's 2k plus homes to go in at Shanganagh and the same at Old Conna so a lot of serious development in the area. Bus connects route also going to seriously mess with Shankill

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ken_dublin

Caranica wrote: »
    There's 2k plus homes to go in at Shanganagh and the same at Old Conna so a lot of serious development in the area. Bus connects route also going to seriously mess with Shankill

As you seem extremely familiar with the area, would Falls Road be quite a distance away from these developments (Shanganagh and Old Conna) - These would more explain the larger houses on Ferndale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I looked at Rathmichael but it suffers badly from M50 noise and has little sense of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Ken_dublin wrote: »
    As you seem extremely familiar with the area, would Falls Road be quite a distance away from these developments (Shanganagh and Old Conna) - These would more explain the larger houses on Ferndale

Not far enough. 6 minutes drive or so

Ken_dublin wrote: »

Far enough away. Old conna would be directly connected by road. Shanganagh is in shankill itself. Cherrywood would be closer. Still can't imagine any of those developments causing lots of people to leave the area!

Advertisement