Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ni-Oh (PS4)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Links234 wrote: »
    It'd be a day 1 buy for me, if it was on PC... :o

Yeah, I'm hoping they announce a PC release at the upcoming Tokyo Games Show, throw a lowly PC gaming peasant a bone here :p

I don't think PC is strong enough to play it on it has lots of graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Amazon have this dated for release on the 28th of October.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yay. I put hours into the beta and 100%'ed it. Well on its way to being a good game, only needs a few tweaks with balancing. Even if it didn't get the balance changes I want, I'd still probably buy it :)

Lol, so much for Amazon's release date, they still have it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey folks, posted this on the PC forum, but there's a petition for a PC port for those interested (i know I am) ;)

Shiny new trailer from the Tokyo Games Show

Gameplay footages from TGS showcasing snowy area and ice boss.

New Trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Game has gone gold and no more delays, release date 8th February. I wish I had tried the beta when it was out but looks veryinteresting and could give me the Souls fix I'm looking for.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Game has gone gold and no more delays, release date 8th February. I wish I had tried the beta when it was out but looks veryinteresting and could give me the Souls fix I'm looking for.

If you are Souls' fan then this game will no doubt resonate with you. Although the combat does feel more arcade like and movement and actions not having the sheer weight to them that Souls has, it still stands alone as its own game and doesn't feel like a poorly done clone like Lords of the Fallen. All Souls' fans will get some enjoyment out of this game.

Me on the other hand won't because my PS4 broke 2 months ago :( Hoping for a PC release now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone pre-ordered it?

The game is "only" €59 on the PS Store. I thought this was a 3rd party game as it's usually only 1st or 2nd party games that are that price.

It's £45 from The Game Collection so with the wait time considered, i might just get is from the PS Store.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Anyone pre-ordered it?

The game is "only" €59 on the PS Store. I thought this was a 3rd party game as it's usually only 1st or 2nd party games that are that price.

It's £45 from The Game Collection so with the wait time considered, i might just get is from the PS Store.

Amazon also have it for £45 :)

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Amazon also have it for £45 :)

Is delivery still a joke with Amazon?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I havent had issue with them at all TBH and I have used them quiet a lot over the last few months. I get most items delivered to PM

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I havent had issue with them at all TBH and I have used them quiet a lot over the last few months. I get most items delivered to PM

Ah i might just get it digitally. Assuming current currency conversion it's around €53 + PM charge of €4 from Amazon.

Only if you are using the Super Saver delivery and end up with Asendia as the carrier, the Parcel Motel route is the best with them, even better if you have Prime.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Some more footage below, looks and sounds great. Will defo pick this up when it's out.

Last Chance Trial this weekend. Download from the PSN store now and it will be live Saturday and Sunday. You can unlock the rewards from the alpha and beta and you get an extra reward for completing the whole thing before it finishes.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/01/18/team-ninjas-ps4-action-game-nioh-gets-last-chance-trial-this-weekend/

Woooo they added a Kusarigama to the game! I wonder what other weapons remain hidden. Urge to buy new PS4......rising

• Advertisement

Woooo they added a Kusarigama to the game! I wonder what other weapons remain hidden. Urge to buy new PS4......rising

Get the Pro model if you can. It offers more options in terms of the high frame rate:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/11/03/action-rpg-nioh-to-be-published-by-sie-ps4-pro-enhancements-detailed/

PS4 Pro, HD display. Option 1: “Movie Mode”
    Stable 1920×1080 resolution with high quality anti-aliasing at 30fps

PS4 Pro, HD display. Option 2: “Action Mode”
    Stable 1920×1080 resolution at 60fps

PS4 Pro, 4K display. Option 1: “Movie Mode”
    Stable 3840×2160 resolution at 30fps

PS4 Pro, 4K display. Option 2: “Action Mode”
    Stable 1920×1080 resolution at 60fps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ohhhh wow watching that video makes me wanna get this.

Ohhhh wow watching that video makes me wanna get this.

Completely missed the vid in the blog :o

Gonna have to finally finish off The Nameless King in DS3 so I can fully comit to this at the weekend.

The final demo seems to be accessible to EU players now. At least going by reports on NEOGAF

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=228744630

Should be able to try it out tonight.

Christ I cant get the hang of it at all.
    Just switched X to O in the PS4 accessibility settings as my brain is hard wired to dodge with circle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Christ I cant get the hang of it at all.
    Just switched X to O in the PS4 accessibility settings as my brain is hard wired to dodge with circle!

I know the feeling, I kept defaulting to it and wondering why he wasn't dodging before getting murdered. :D

Have they made demons a bit easier? Last demo they were hellish to deal with but this time I didn't have too much fuss at all with them. I'd even say this demo's boss was the easiest of the all the demo bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I've heard this has similarities to the onimisha series, any truth to this?

I'm finding the enemies easy but managing my stamina tough. The x circle thing is very annoying. Not sure of the mechanics yet, I'm pressing r1 after hits and getting my kids back. Is ki stamina? Sometimes I do it and don't notice any stamina instant regain. The combat is class. Can't believe they pulled a mimic chest but like how you have to fight yourself the rewards. Haven't messed around much with stamina, sticking with mid but might move more to low as I like dodging.

Ogress boss is kicking my ass!

• Advertisement

Took me at least 10 attempts to beat her.
    I went with the sword in low stance and stick to her unless she jumps.
    When she leaps, dodge past her.

Advertisement