Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving without paying last month rent

Options
  • 22-01-2015 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I'm about to move out of my apartment and I'm not sure whether paying last month rent or not. I doubt my landlord will pay back my deposit. We had a couple of problems before. She never really fixed things properly when I asked her to do, lights in staircase were broken a couple of times, water coming in through walls and window leaking into to plug. I made a complaint to dublin City council, because she didn't look after all those things. But now she keeps on sending me messages telling me if I don't reply she will come to the apartment tomorrow and please pay until the 9th of February. I got advise of a friend and she told me to ignore her. But I feel really uncomfortable. My lease was until the 19th of January and I gave her 35 days notice so therefore I would have to leave around the 9th of February. I font know what to do.

Can she do anything if I don't pay? Also she wanted a letter of my parents guaranteeing payment if I don't pay.

Please help.

Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

This is illegal and against the charter and I'm not willing to allow discussion of it.

Pay your rent and lodge a case with the PRTB if your deposit is kept.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement