Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why buying a house so stressful

Options
  • 22-01-2015 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi,

Why do I find when buying something, that its never simple and always bloody complicated across various different areas.

For example, you ring the bank, they tell you 1 piece of advice, yet another department will tell the solicitor another thing.

I can go on and on about various annoyance that I have enountered but was wondering what people own experience and views on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Well for me its expected, its not like going down to the shop and buying a can of coke. Chances are it'll be the most expensive thing you'll ever buy, anything involving large amounts of money is stressful

Maybe talk to a mortgage broker if you feel you are getting confused about what the banks are telling you.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Trix

everything about buying a house is slow and stressful. I think its just the way it is. I'm sure i'll look back and laugh about it....
    I'm in the middle of it at the minute and every single day someone is not doing what they said they'd do or somethings delayed or people don't show up.
    my favourite one so far has been the bank not sending the loan of offer pack to my solicitor. seemingly they didn't have his address, even though I gave it to them. would they not think of asking me for it again?? nah..we wont bother sending it sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

I recently bought a reposessed home from KBC.

Ye ****ing gods....

Offer made in May 2014, only got the keys mid-December.

Everything was drawn out for seemingly no reason. I'd be asked to send in a piece of paper, done. Then they'd take 2 weeks to ask for something else, rinse wash repeat. Why they couldn't just ask me to submit everything at once?

Then there was a long time where i felt like i was playing a game of chicken with them, that they were waiting for me to pull out and forfeit my deposit.

No amount of phone calls, letters, e-mails would get the most basic of info.

"Where am i in the queue for execution, how long is the queue and how long till i get to the head of it". Only answer i got, was ONCE they told me, "we're working on it", in those exact words.....4 words from their solicitors. Not even from the solicitor herself, but her ****ing secretary.

Horrible experience, but one i laugh at now. I bought the home for 25% less than it's currently valued one month later. I is Winnar

Advertisement