Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracking MAX HAP payment value

Options
  • 27-06-2018 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have a HAP Tennent , they are working out great a year in.
    When we talked about renting a year ago they told me what they were HAP approved for and as that was very close to what I was looking for I agreed to rent at that exact figure.
    I know I could have asked for a top up from them but they are a vulnerable family and I did not want to put undue pressure on them .

I am at my first rent review stage and I have been trying to find out if HAP have increased there rent payments , I would be happy enough to track the max they pay for my type of dwelling but cant seem to find a way of seeing what that is .

Does anybody know where to find that ?
    How often do they review the allowances they give to tenants ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

You should be able to get the figures from the housing department of your county council.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

It's based on area and family member numbers, the rates are on citizens information. For example, I've a three bed with myself, my husband and four kids the max rate HAP will pay is 1300 per month in the Fingal area.

They may take special circumstances such as threat of being homeless etc and give a higher rate but it's not the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

LorelaiG wrote: »
    It's based on area and family member numbers, the rates are on citizens information. For example, I've a three bed with myself, my husband and four kids the max rate HAP will pay is 1300 per month in the Fingal area.

They may take special circumstances such as threat of being homeless etc and give a higher rate but it's not the norm.

thanks
    I saw that chart on citzens information but assumed it was really out of date as I am already getting more than that chart suggests. My tenant would have special circumstances though which is maybe why they receive more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭karenalot

thanks
    I saw that chart on citzens information but assumed it was really out of date as I am already getting more than that chart suggests. My tenant would have special circumstances though which is maybe why they receive more.

The highest payment reported recently in the news was a family receiving HAP of €2,800 per month from Dublin City Council. So yes a family can get more depending on circumstances and at the councils discretion. Homeless HAP seems to also pay a lot more. I’ve seen people in hotels with one child offered €1,900.

Advertisement