Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa present for man

Options
  • 08-12-2019 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭

Any ideas for a secret Santa present for a male team member who I know nothing about? He’s only recently joined the team so I’m really stuck.

Budget is 20 euro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,447 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Some fancy craft beer type gift set.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

bee06 wrote: »
    Any ideas for a secret Santa present for a male team member who I know nothing about? He’s only recently joined the team so I’m really stuck.

Budget is 20 euro.

Try and find 'something' out about him. When I started a new job 2 years ago, the guy that got me in the secret Santa had never actually met me due to working vastly different roles and times. He did a bit of digging, found out I was from Kerry and bought me a book of GAA legends. A fantastic book that I will read every now and again still.

Someone will know something about him and go from there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Budget is 20 euro.

We don't know anything about him.. Age, married, kids, drinker, homeowner, etc.. I'm sure you know something about him other than "he's a man"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Something funny then. Pretty tough to buy anything specific given no details about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

antix80 wrote: »
    We don't know anything about him.. Age, married, kids, drinker, homeowner, etc.. I'm sure you know something about him other than "he's a man"

Well neither do I. Hence the post. Married with 2 kids. I don’t know what age he is, whether he owns a home, I think he drinks alcohol. He’s not Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

dobman88 wrote: »
    Try and find 'something' out about him. When I started a new job 2 years ago, the guy that got me in the secret Santa had never actually met me due to working vastly different roles and times. He did a bit of digging, found out I was from Kerry and bought me a book of GAA legends. A fantastic book that I will read every now and again still.

Someone will know something about him and go from there

Thanks, I’ve tried a bit of digging. He sits quite close to me but doesn’t really discuss his life outside work with anyone so it’s tricky enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Thanks, I’ve tried a bit of digging. He sits quite close to me but doesn’t really discuss his life outside work with anyone so it’s tricky enough.

That makes it easy. No need to be quirky or fun. A gift that his wife would appreciate is a good bet.

An expensive box of sweets or a fancy xmas plant or ornament (assuming he's not a muslim)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gloucester

Any clues on his desk? What about a pen and or notebook if he uses good stationery? Planner for 2020. Coffee mug / keep cup if he drinks coffee. If he's a tea drinker - you can get tea in a really fancy tin in TK Maxx for around 8 Euro (Whittards brand which is also sold in BTs at full price). Alternatively a protein mixer bottle filled with a few bars or a protein bar selection box if you think he might eat them.

Or does he cycle to work? There are some cheap but nifty gifts available like reflector panels for backpack, LED light for jacket zipper etc. really cheap in a design store on south great Georges street in Dublin (I think they're called Designist). You could easily pick up a generic but cheap gift in a store like that.

Don't know how he'd feel about it, but if I'm really stuck for a gift I normally give a good candle like something from Rituals (19 Euro I think).

If he drinks, you can get either craft beer set as someone mentioned above or I've seen a cool little 'Whiskey in a Jar' from Teelings Whiskey for 9 Euro (it's a small bottle of whiskey in a Teelings branded mason jar which has a handle on it - have bought 3 of these and they were very well received.:D

Hate it when I get someone I don't know.

Advertisement