Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAD Drawings

Options
  • 09-09-2019 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭

HI,
    My house is at 45 degree angle with road - corner house.
    I was thinking of extension where we would go out 4 -5M out back and one out the side. I want to submit drawing to council to see if I need planning permission.

Any idea of a free cad tool I can use with windows?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

If the plans dont exceed 40sq ft from the original plan you shouldnt need pp.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

HI,
    My house is at 45 degree angle with road - corner house.
    I was thinking of extension where we would go out 4 -5M out back and one out the side. I want to submit drawing to council to see if I need planning permission.

Any idea of a free cad tool I can use with windows?

Thanks

Out the side. Most likely planning required.
    The only exemptions are for works beyond the rear building line.

You don’t need drawings to ask the council, get a local planning agent to advise on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

kceire wrote: »
    Out the side. Most likely planning required.
    The only exemptions are for works beyond the rear building line.

You don’t need drawings to ask the council, get a local planning agent to advise on site.

It would beyond the rear. The house width is 6M - standard 3 bed semi. I was thinking go out 5.5 M depth and 7 metre wide.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It would beyond the rear. The house width is 6M - standard 3 bed semi. I was thinking go out 5.5 M depth and 7 metre wide.

If it’s beyond the rear building line then you may be ok. Get planning when to look on site.

The council will not tell you if you are exempt or not unless you officially lodge a Section 5 Application. You need maps, drawings help and you lodge, pay €80 and wait 4 weeks. The more info you give the
    More accurate the response.

Advertisement