Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoid laptopsdirect.ie

Options
  • 11-03-2019 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I ordered a laptop and a hard drive. The hard drive was delivered (I signed for it). Delivery note explained that orders may be in more than one consignment. I queried the non-delivery of the laptop a couple of days later and was told that I had signed for it. I had a witness to my signing for a small package only but after 40 days of investigation laptops direct told me tough luck, I would neither receive a laptop or a refund. I am currently pursuing a chargeback with my credit card provider.

I would never ever use this company again. Buyer beware!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

surely the delivery company has a record of the weight of the package?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Melhowes

Yeah but the courier states he delivered and I signed. Laptopsdirect claim both items were in one package. Courier delivered one package. I signed for one package. Problem is the package I received contained one item, not both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

1. Query with the delivery company the weight of the package, relay this onto laptopsdirect.
    2. Lodge an internal complaint with laptopsdirect.ie, in the complaint detail as much as you can, even take a picture of the parcel you received (with the correct delivery information on it) and query as to how a laptop would fit in a box.

Important to note here that a mention of the Smalls Claim Court could help, I'm sorry but 40 days of investigation? I would want the following -

What was investigated? How long did that take?
    Did the investigation conclude with a full list of findings, if not, why? Were they shared with you, if not, why?

You're a paying customer, someone has lost the item you have purchased.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I would be starting the small claims process now. You can send them a registered letter to say the same if you like. That being said I would say your credit card company will have your back here too.

Thanks robarmstrong. They said they got a statement from the courier. Funny thing is I just rang him and he tells me a different story. I'll get back on to them, and yeah next step may have to be small claims court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

Melhowes wrote: »
    Thanks robarmstrong. They said they got a statement from the courier. Funny thing is I just rang him and he tells me a different story. I'll get back on to them, and yeah next step may have to be small claims court.

Something isn't adding up. Here's something I've drafted up for you (this is if I was the one in the scenario).

"Hi,

In regards to the Courier:

Can you please provide me with the statement from the courier?
    Can you please confirm the weight of the package you would have provided them with their consignment?
    Can you please confirm that my delivery details as follows - (this is where you input every aspect of information on that parcel - what size is that parcel by the way? Too small for a laptop? Send a picture, included in the mail, capturing your full delivery details & box dimensions & any delivery docs you would have/should have received in that parcel)

In regards to Laptopsdirect.ie:

Can you please provide me with your full investigative report?
    Can you please confirm the exact contents (ask for a record of what they put in the box here, they will have to have records of what is placed into each box, there's no way about this) of my order & delivery?
    Can you please lodge an internal complaint regarding the level of customer service I have received (40 days is far too long for something like this, I'd say maybe 2-3 weeks tops) and provide me with a complaint reference number along with the name of the individual who will be handling my complaint?
    Can you please confirm receipt of this e-mail as if there is no resolution to this issue, I will be forced to engage with the Small Claims Court as a result of this.

Regards,

(your name)"

Send it via registered post, e-mail, whatever you want. You want to know that they've got it, no fobbing you off at all.

Thanks for all your advice robarmstrong, much appreciated. I will do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

On a side note, I've bought 4 laptops off them, wife has bought 3, mate has bought 2 and I know 2 others that bought at least 1. Never and issue from them tbh and I'd buy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Also ask for serial number of the laptop they supplied

I've ordered several cheap laptops from them before with no issue. This was a more premium model (1500 euro). Weird how they lose that one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They are a terrible company.

I bought a laptop turned out faulty and stopped working after 20 days, they wouldn't take it back, refund or repair.

I brought it to small claims and won but because it was a company in the UK I had to go through the European small claims which awarded me the amount paid as they didn't even answer the court.

I have the decree and have attempted to have it carried out and UK courts won't recognise it and the court here had no other way of sorting it.

So I have a decree since 2014 sent to 3 different agencies in UK and got nowhere as the amount was less then £600 they won't bother chasing it.

aside from delivery issues seems to be mixed results from these guys -

especially as in many cases they are selling refurbished laptops that are years old. you don't want to be buying one of those in general.

would rather buy refurbished from dell (which are pretty much new in my experience) or new from saveonlaptops.co.uk or amazon.de.

or even pcworld have the odd good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ShaneCal

I bought a refurbished MSI Stealth for €1,700 off them, it performed like a toaster, seriously slow, obvious performance problems. I did load of performance tests and even got onto the manufacturer of the laptop (MSI) with the results of the tests I ran and even they said it should perform 5 times faster than it did.

After a month long battle with rude and unhelpful support staff that take days to type a 2 line response, they finally arrange a courier to pick it up.

Then after another week, they tell me that the laptop was tested and "runs at 93% gpu" and no faults could be found. I left specific instructions with them to contact me if no fault was found so I could guide their tester through a few performance tests but they never did and won't admit the unit is faulty.

Because of this, they will only give me store credit or a replacement. I tried calling them but every number they've given me that doesn't connect me to a robot is dead, doesn't even ring. I also tried to raise an official complaint about this and was promised that someone would get back to me in 24 hours. That never happened.

After another week of fighting in instant message chats and emails, I've bargained them down to giving me a cash refund but they say they will need to take a 25% restocking fee.

In other words, they will give me €1,250 back and keep €425 for their trouble and then sell the laptop on again! I am being scammed right now by these thieves right now, do not wind up like me, do not buy anything from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Again...A V O I D laptopsdirect !!!

Bought a charging trolley from them.
    Money went straight out of the card.

Placed a O N E unit order,they emailed saying i ordered T W O.
    They cancelled one of the orfders,dunno which or why .
    Then,i received the invoice.

Minutes later,good news...received note that item is in warehouse and will be delivered shortly,with a DHL UK tracking number.
    Good News! Your order (1111111is on its way. It left our warehouse today and should be with you shortly.
    To track the progress of your order click here.

Next morning,i get another email saying that the item is no longer available from our suppliers !!!!
    We regret to inform you that part of your order is no longer available from our suppliers. Occasionally we will experience a time delay on product information, whereby a manufacturer will no longer have stock and will discontinue a product before we are able to update our systems.
    Our Sales Team will be in touch shortly to discuss alternatives. Our expert team will, wherever possible, be able to offer you a similar product to your first choice.
    You are under no obligation to change your order and have the option of a full refund. We do however recommend speaking to our team first as we can normally offer an alternative to meet the same criteria and needs.
    Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you need any further assistance you can contact us on 1520 932 632.

Got three emails from their business account managers thanking me for the order adn welcoming to their services...

Now,i called them few times and after waiting tens of minutes i gave up .

Emailed them and waiting for a reply.

Money hasnt been refunded,i guess that will take another month,calls and proof of purchase and other stupid confirmaitons.

In short ... A V O I D !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

BEWARE

Wish I had have found this thread earlier.

Bought something off them August 23rd, took the money 24th

Told me delivery would be September 3rd

Emailed them yesterday asked for tracking number

Received email back today to say it was out of stock and it would be shipped October 30th with delivery for Nov 2nd :D:D

Their sister site appliancesdirect has it "in stock for delivery Sept 8th", it's a swizz imo.

Told them give me a refund now, I'll be onto my credit card company by tomorrow if they haven't refunded.

Absolute chancers - will never touch them again. And when you try call them they have a phoneline that charges you BY THE MINUTE

AVOID

Some way of doing business. woeful.

Advertisement