Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Two - The Owl's Debt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The enter the nightclub, music making the walls vibrate.

6NLqZZ.jpg

Clarissa is having trouble attuning her hypersensitive vampiric hearing to the noise. However Lysander notices something then, he can hear other music on top of the beat...older music. Classic jazz? Hard to tell over the noise.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander gestures to Clarissa.

'You first my dear. Then I will show you how an old pro does it.'

He leads her to the bar and gestures to the barman.

'You know how to make a Vampiro? I haven't had one in... about three hours.'

He smiles at the barman.

"Ha, sure thing man..."

He whips one up for Lysander.

Clarissa wanders aimless around, unsure of what approach to take. She comes up behind a short woman at the back of the bar, ready to take an obvious bite. She looks to Lysander for acknowledgment as to whether that is the right thing to do.

The Jazz is getting louder now, the club music softening.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander smirks and grabs his cocktail.

He strolls around to Clarissa's target and grabs her attention, making sure she catches his gaze.

OOC: Command

'You will go with my friend and do what she says. If anyone asks about it tomorrow, you will tell them the barman did it.'

He gestures to Clarissa to come close.

'Never in public, my dear. We must always protect the Masquerade. Take her somewhere quiet. A booth in the ladies perhaps.'

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Never in public, my dear. We must always protect the Masquerade. Take her somewhere quiet. A booth in the ladies perhaps.'
    She nods understanding.

"I can see her thinking about a guy she just met...I might use that..."

She turns.

"So tell me about Jason..."

The other girl looks surprised as Clarissa feigns knowledge of this Jason and ask to talk to the woman. She's quite pleased with herself, though Lysander knows his Command is doing virtually all the work.

And off they go, as they pass out of view, Lysander sees a ghost, who seems to be trying to figure out if Lysander can see him.

• Advertisement

Lysander motions briefly to the ghost before finding a seat nearby and sipping on his cocktail.

He tries to act as nonchalantly as he can, although inside his Vitae is churning with excitement. The powers are... intoxicating.

The ghost settles into a seat near Lysander. He has an Southern, almost Cowboy, accent.

"So, can ye see me? What are ya? Mage? Just born with the gift?"

'Recently... trained in the art.'

Lysander looks around to see if anyone is looking at him.

'So, how can I help, friend? Must be a reason you're hanging around here. Doesn't seem like a... normal environment for one such as you.'

'Recently... trained in the art.'

Lysander looks around to see if anyone is looking at him.

'So, how can I help, friend? Must be a reason you're hanging around here. Doesn't seem like a... normal environment for one such as you.'
    "It used to be a saloon. I can only see them as dim shapes, but the racket bleeds through a little, you experience both?"

Along with the jazz and rave music, a little piano tune starts to come in.

Lysander nods.

'Being... new to this - it is difficult to seperate them. So how long have you been here? Anything you'd like me to do to help?'

• Advertisement

Lysander nods.

'Being... new to this - it is difficult to seperate them. So how long have you been here? Anything you'd like me to do to help?'
    "Not me personally, but you're the first stable person who can see us I've come across in a while. Might be that others on my side..."

Lysander finds it hard to listen to him as he feels the life in the bodies of those dancing around him...it feels as if he could just remove it.

Lysander holds up his hand to the ghost.

'Apologies my friend... I need to see to something briefly.'

He releases the power within into the room.

The majority of the clubbers are seized with painful cramps, the ones closest to Lysander scream in pain, flesh rotting from their leg and arm joints.

The music immediately stops.

Hysteria errupts...

Lysander turns back to the ghost.

'Maybe somewhere quieter for this discussion?'

He gets up and tries to sense Clarissa.

Lysander's senses notice one calm heartbeat in the room....

Lysander heads towards the source of the calm heartbeat

A man in an expensive polo shirt spots him. Vampiric hearing picks up his words.

"Definite supernatural event, possible entity on approaching...advise..."

His hand is near his hip.

Lysander pauses.

OOC: Shadow Play

He pulls the shadows from the club together and forces them in the opposite direction, attempting to distract the person.

Spooked, the man draws his weapon and shoots at the shadows. Clarissa appears at the door, pushing past the stampede from the club.

"LY?! WHAT'S GOING ON?"

The man shouts into his comms.

"CONVERGE NOW, MAJOR INCIDENT!!!"

Lysander shrugs.

OOC: Shrowd of Night as they converge

• Advertisement

A swat team of eight bursts in through the club's glass sealing. The shadows rise up to consume them as they rappel down the ropes.

"SHADOW MAINPULATOR!!! PROTOCOL SEVEN!!"

One throws a grenade at the ground.

"LY!!!" Clarissa screams as it lands near her.

OOC: One action

Lysander summons the power within.

OOC: Arms of the Abyss drawing Clarissa to Lysander

Story so far:

Part 1:
    Meet with Jacqueline
    Recovering photos for Tremére Primogen
    Body in the hospital, Masquerade threat
    Vampire Hunter
    Monster in the Nosferatu Sewers
    Clarissa and Friends
    Meeting with Archons and Jacqueline, plan to take out enemies
    Meal with Cock Robin
    Attack on House, Sabbat Bishop
    Meeting with Tremére Primogen
    Visit to Sabbat Cathedral
    Meeting with Werewolves
    Capturing Nines Rodriguez
    Meet with Jacqueline to discuss framing Wan Kuei
    Visit from Beckett and trip to Museum
    Helping Kirsten and killing Chinese Banker
    Delivering Nines Rodriguez to Werewolves
    Meeting Deborah for first time
    Visit to club, Jazqueline kills Smiling Jack
    Meet Agalia, Framing of Sabbat at Wan Kuei temple
    Second Sabbat Temple Visit, Sabbat destroyed, Kirsten Consumed
    Bloodhunt, 'Death of Larry'
    Asylum club meeting, Lysander 'transfered' to Cock Robin and given territory in city
    Giovanni mansion meeting and visit to Afterlife
    Consumption of Deborah
    New Home

Part 2, so far:
    Trip to Giovanni Home
    Medieval Sicily
    Night Club Hunting

Cast:

Humans:
    1. Jeff Irons - Police Chief of Santa Monica, Lysander's contact, given to him another Milanese Vampire known only as Bella
    2. Gary Stevens - Photographer, took Masquerade violating pictures of the Tremére Primogen. Manipulated into driving until exhausted and arrested for hit and run.
    3. Lydia Stevens - Gary's wife, Lysander's most loyal ghoul. Survived Bloodhunt. Burned down her and Gary's house by Lysander's request. Lysander concocted story where by she left with Dr. Crane for Crete
    4. Dr. Crane - Doctor in Santa Monica Medical. Involved on investigation of body with clear evidence of vampire activity on it. Left for Crete under Lysander's influence.
    5. Dr. Moss - Another doctor involved in looking at the body. Convinced to murder polic officer Brians.
    6. Officer Brians - Police Detective on hospital body case. Murdered by Dr. Moss when Lysander convinced him that Brians was in fact the one responsible for the killing
    7. Joseph Philips - one of the bodies at the morgue
    8. Abraham Roul - vampire victim at morgue, killed by Celerity
    9. Jonathan Fox - Taxi Driver, Convinced to leave for Japan so that Lysander could have his wife Rebecca as a ghoul
    10. Rebecca Susan - Jonathan's wife, Movie executive. Became a ghoul, but killed during bloodhunt
    11. Greg and Jake - Two business at the Nosferatu owned restaurant Lysander took Cock Robin to. Greg was killed by Cock Robin due to his need to suck blood from the eyes. Lysander manipulated Jake to make it look like Murder/Suicide by Car crash
    12. Martha - Lysander's newest ghoul. Movie Star in B movies that have half truths about vampires
    13. Alice Stenson - Deborah's romantic interest, met in afterlife. Worked with her in WWII, died in fire.
    14. Thomas - Body guard of Mr. Huang, became a ghoul, but killed during bloodhunt
    15. Mr. Huang - Human financer for Wan Kuei
    16. The Lord - Norman lord of area around Nicosia in the 12th century. Catalda's employer in her human life.
    17. Vampire Hunter - Sent by Society of Leopold to kill Deborah

Vampires:
    1. Bella - Another vampire from Milan
    2. LaCroix - previous Prince, killed 2004
    3. ArchBishop Andrei - previous Sabbat bishop, killed by Fledgling in 2004
    4. Fledgling - Very powerful neonate involved in LaCroix's demise in 2004. The video game's protaganist
    5. Jaqueline - current Prince. Unhealed scar, which is rare for a vampire. Previously an Anarch. Single-handedly stopped the entire Werewolf population of San Francisco, implying massive strength. During attack on Smiling Jack displayed abilities even Cock Robin didn't recognise. Arranged for Lysander's transference for reasons unknown via Milanese contacts unknown.
    6. Maximilian Strauss - Tremére Primogen. Lysander helped destroy photos of him in a ritual. Has asked Lysander to obtain a book from the museum
    7. Alfons - Maximillian's right hand and librarian. Killed at the end of Chapter One.
    8. Adalbert - Unseen Tremere that Jaqueline recommended to help Lysander enter Wan Kuei temple
    9. Therese Voerman - Malkavian Primogen. Owns Santa Monica. Only appeared in club at the end of Chapter one in the background. Gave Lysander a laptop as a guest of her territory.
    10. Teresa Salvador - Older of the two Toreador Primogens, ordered murder of Clarissa and her friends
    11. Deborah - Younger Toreador Primogen, Consumed by Lysander
    12. Melissa - Toreador right hand. Servant of both Deborah and Teresa, now Primogen after Deborah's death. Contacted Lysander by email early on about Clarissa and friends.
    13. Beckett - World Famous researcher of Vampirism. Interested in Clarissa.
    14. Cock Robin - Justicar posing as Archon, has Lysander as primary candidate for his right hand.
    15. Kirsten Belamy - Archon brought to city to find peaceful way to enhance Camarilla strength. Consumed by Lysander
    16. Gary Golden - Nosferatu Primogen. Sent out mission to find monster in sewers
    17. Damsel - City Sheriff. Once an Anarch
    18. Dumitru - Tzimitsce in Nosferatu sewers. Hoped Lysander would follow typical Lasombra power urges and betray Camarilla. Killed with all other Sabbat in Temple incident
    19. Sabbat Bishop - hoped to turn Lysander, was instead destroyed after Kirsten's blood made Lysander more powerful than he thought. Underestimated Kirsten's generation and some effect making Lysander immune to blood bonding.
    20. Nines Rodriguez - Head of Los Angeles Anarchs. Killed by werewolves after Lysander defeated him with Cock Robin
    21. Smiling Jack - Second highest Los Angeles Anarch. Killed by Jaqueline after surviving werewolf attack
    22. Tara Kearney - Being considered for Prince of San Diego, currently Anarch leader, but thinks the city should switch to the Camarilla
    23. Jeremy MacNeill - Anarch leader in San Francisco
    24. Salvador Garcia - Brought the Anarchs to power in California back in the 1940s by killing the prince of Los Angeles at the time. Has allied with the Wan Kuei to prevent Camarilla expansion in California.
    25. Vannevar Thomas - Camarilla Prince of San Francisco. Camarilla only control ~10% of San Francisco, so this means little. MacNeill and Garcia tolerate him because he's not that bad a guy.
    26. David - Difficult to understand Malkavian that drove Lysander to spa where Mr. Huang was staying
    27. Visconti - Lasombra ancestor of Lysander and Prince of Milan (unseen)
    28. Duomo di Milano Nosferatu - A hacker from back in Milan that Lysander knows
    29. Adriano - Gangrel Primogen. Attended Giovanni mansion as Lysander entered afterlife and previously authorised dominating Agalia for Sabbat Temple visit
    30. Agalia - Gangrel that helped Lysander attack Wan Kuei temple. Brought to Sabbat. Holding hidden orders to kill Adriano
    31. Louis Fortier - Ventrue Primogen, gave Lysander house
    32. The Greek - Old Vampire looking for Clarissa that appeared at the end of Chapter One
    33. The Witch - Capadocian vampire who lived near the town Catalda was from
    34. Catalda - Giovanni leader who taught Lysander some of their abilities. Seems to have been diablerised
    35. Netchurch - Colleague and rival of Beckett. Discovered the possibility of Inceptors.
    36. Clarissa - Probably an Inceptor, first member of new Clan. Lives with Lysander

Other:
    1. Werewolves - Killed Rodriguez for murder of pack member in 2004. Also want Fledgling.
    2. Jiejie Li - Current leader of Wan Kuei. Exists in afterlife except for four hour period once a week
    3. Ming Xiao - Previous Wan Kuei leader. Mentioned only.
    4. Guardians of Stygia - soldiers of the afterlife's most powerful nation, briefly attacked Lysander

Lysander summons the power within.

OOC: Arms of the Abyss drawing Clarissa to Lysander
    Clarissa is pulled out of the way of the blast. A powerful burst of light is emitted, but Lysander's enhanced vision is unaffected.

The soldiers around Lysander aim at him with their submachine guns ready to fire.

One speaks over a microphone in his headset.

"Sir, he is unaffected...got it Sir...everybody stand down"

The soldiers look at each other and point their guns down, though a few keep them trained on Lysander.

"Our superior wishes to speak with you, remain nonviolent and no harm will come to you"

Lysander holds up his hands in a non-violent motion.

'Of course, I would be intrigued as to why you are attacking me with all of this... carnage ongoing myself.'

He turns to Clarissa and tries to speak as quietly as possible.

'Stay still my dear. However we may need to go to your special place if this goes south. If I squeeze your hand, take us their immediately.'

She nods.

Some of the soldiers stand aside as a Latino man with short goatee enters. He grabs a chair from near the bar, pulls it over to near Lysander, then grabs another and places it facing opposite, before sitting down.

"Agent Moreno. Special branch of the government, as you've probably guessed. Please sit...Lysander Karpov am I right?"

Lysander leads Clarissa by the hand over to the seat and motions for her to sit.

'Correct... Agent Moreno. And to what do I owe the pleasure of tonight's visit? Surely knowing of my name, you could have called - arranged a more... appropriate meeting than amidst this carnage.'

Lysander leads Clarissa by the hand over to the seat and motions for her to sit.

'Correct... Agent Moreno. And to what do I owe the pleasure of tonight's visit? Surely knowing of my name, you could have called - arranged a more... appropriate meeting than amidst this carnage.'
    "You're just one of many we've been tracking. You happened to have an incident first. I know you are highly dangerous when cornered, I've read reports from others about your kind. So just a few questions and an offer and we're done. Okay?"

He takes a breath.

"First, we just hit you with enough UV to give a person third degree burns and you show no damage, how is that? It's well beyond sunlight's concentration. Answer honestly."

Some more of the men raise their weapons.

OOC: Lysander would know this question reveals little knowledge. Burning from the Sun is due to a magical part of the curse on the beast 'Never to walk in the light of the sun', not something scientific like UV

Lysander smiles.

'Agent Moreno. Was it an actual Sun contained in the grenade? I think not. Nothing you can concoct in a lab to replicate it's... effects on me would ever be enough. Your little grenades do nothing save for blind your own men.'

His face darkens slightly.

'Now, I have been honest with you, Agent. Perhaps you'd like to cut to the chase.'

• Advertisement

He looks at the men, he keeps a cool expression, but Lysander hears his heartbeat rise slightly.

"There's a plane flight scheduled to come in at 04:00 in the early morning from London. Who is on it? We know your kind has arranged high security at the London end."

He considers the next question carefully.

"And who is Jacqueline?"

Advertisement