Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Two - The Owl's Debt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Still holding her gaze, Lysander continues.

'Thank you Catalda. Should the time ever come when we meet again, you will agree to my request, no matter how bold it may seem to anyone else around you.'

Lysander breaks the gaze and leaves the room.

He heads back to find the Lord.
    Catalda stutters "...meet again...yes...who...who..."

Lysander hears from a chambermaid that the Lord is in his study.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander heads for the study to speak with the Lord.

Lysander heads for the study to speak with the Lord.
    The lord is dictating to his scribe when Lysander approaches. He turns.

"Cleric...who do you believe is the Strygis?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander pauses.

'Perhaps I was mistaken on your serving staff although I have suspicions one of your chambermaids is stealing from you.'

He paces the floor.

'I have heard tell of a witch however... care to tell me anything about her?'

"The one who lives by the river...a harmless lunatic, if it keeps the villagers happy to think she can cure an ailment, who am I to argue?

Why?"

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote: »
    "The one who lives by the river...a harmless lunatic, if it keeps the villagers happy to think she can cure an ailment, who am I to argue?

Why?"

'I fear it is more sinister than that. I would ask permission to freely travel in your lands so I can get to the bottom of this.

It might be nothing, but it needs to be investigated. His... Holiness demands it.'

'I fear it is more sinister than that. I would ask permission to freely travel in your lands so I can get to the bottom of this.

It might be nothing, but it needs to be investigated. His... Holiness demands it.'
    He looks a bit frightened by this.

"I may be a cynic on occasion in matters of the faith, but know I am faithful, if you are concerned you certainly have my permission. A contingent of Moorish warriors is arriving on the beach tonight, should you need them"

Lysander thanks the Lord.

'Good to know, but I hope they will not be necessary. I shall make haste and at least talk to this... 'witch.' It is, after all - part of my duties to investigate these faithless creatures.'

He leaves the manor and makes his way towards the hut Catalda described.

The hut lies a head of him, near the riverbank, it's quite well maintained from the outside. Though the taint of a vampiric presence is obvious. He can feel the Vitae in the soil.

Lysander approaches the hut and looks for any signs of anything inside.

• Advertisement

As he approaches the hut, a woman steps out.

NWRy3C.jpg

"Hello?" she says narrowing her eyes.

'Greetings, my name is Lysander Karpov. I came as I heard of the trouble at the Lord's manor...'

He pauses.

'Bodies should not be left out for humans to see... particularly in these troubled times.'

'Greetings, my name is Lysander Karpov. I came as I heard of the trouble at the Lord's manor...'

He pauses.

'Bodies should not be left out for humans to see... particularly in these troubled times.'
    "I know...I was low on blood, I encountered a very aggressive member of our kind here...at least I think it was our kind. When I found the kitchen maid, well the beast had to feed.

I marked the corpse with my clan, to acknowledge my guilt.

A Lasombra speaking through a human, how are you doing that?"

Lysander looks at the woman oddly.

'Through a human? Something... happened to me. I was in a battle.. the beast - as you said. I fed - and awoke here. I do not know how.'

Lysander looks at the woman oddly.

'Through a human? Something... happened to me. I was in a battle.. the beast - as you said. I fed - and awoke here. I do not know how.'
    "Odd...never heard of that. Do you want me to take a look?"

'No harm. I presume you do not mean to harm me. I merely needed to find your location. I have the Lord's ear, for now.'

He smirks.

'Posing as an agent for the Anti-Pope, quite ironic I find it.'

'No harm. I presume you do not mean to harm me. I merely needed to find your location. I have the Lord's ear, for now.'

He smirks.

'Posing as an agent for the Anti-Pope, quite ironic I find it.'
    She smiles.

"How is that?"

'Our kind, posing as Clerics of a faith determined to wipe us....'

He pauses.

'Never mind. It's not important now. But I should tell you, be careful of the Church. They might align with us for now... but that will not always be the case.'

'Our kind, posing as Clerics of a faith determined to wipe us....'

He pauses.

'Never mind. It's not important now. But I should tell you, be careful of the Church. They might align with us for now... but that will not always be the case.'
    "Wait...for now?....I understand, you're...."

Lysander feels a pull on his Vitae.

"Lysander Karpov, don't trust the Babylonian..." She kisses him on the forehead, before all goes white.

Lysander finds himself lying outside Catalda's mansion back in LA.

Lysander looks around him and attempts to climb to his feet.

• Advertisement

Lysander looks around him and attempts to climb to his feet.
    He gets up easily enough and is definitely back in the land of the living.

Lysander surveys the carnage caused and what is left of the mansion.

OOC: Has Catalda been diablerised?

The front porch of the mansion has some minor masonry damage to it. More than that is the crushed bodies of several humans turned to paste by the sphere of shadow Lysander produced. Most of the kindred are just dust as typical upon death except for two neonates who look like broken rotted corpses.

Lysander feels different, something has changed about him, though he doesn't manifest obvious signs of diablerie.

Fourier wrote: »
    The front porch of the mansion has some minor masonry damage to it. More than that is the crushed bodies of several humans turned to paste by the sphere of shadow Lysander produced. Most of the kindred are just dust as typical upon death except for two neonates who look like broken rotted corpses.

Lysander feels different, something has changed about him, though he doesn't manifest obvious signs of diablerie.

Lysander looks for his car and heads back for it. Once inside he puts in a call to Cock Robin's voicemail.

'Rob, slight...issue. Dunno if you felt the power but Catalda breached the Masquerade.... I had to improvise. Call me when you get back, we can talk about it then.'

He hangs up and heads for home.

When he gets to the door Clarissa is waiting for him.

She runs to the car.

"Hunt? Hunt? Hunt?"

Lysander opens the passenger door for Clarissa.

'Yes, let's do this. That club you wished to go to, remind me of it? It's been a long night.'

Lysander opens the passenger door for Clarissa.

'Yes, let's do this. That club you wished to go to, remind me of it? It's been a long night.'
    "It's on the UCLA campus, I've only been feeding on suburban blood in a place where they're willing to let us feed. I want to hunt for high quality educated blood.

I'll show you the way"

Lysander nods.

'No problem. But first - your seatbelt. We might be undead, but if you go flying out the front window and survive, how do I explain that to the police?'

He looks at her disapprovingly.

She looks a bit deflated.

"I was looking forward to being gung ho, but I suppose."

The gets in, seatbelt and all and they begin to drive to college.

"So Ly, there's rave clubs or quiet fancy bars, which is the kind of place you'd hit?"

• Advertisement

'This is your night my dear, I think a lively atmosphere suits your personality better. And... loud places are easier to acquire.... targets.'

Lysander reverses back out the driveway and follows Clarissa's directions.

Advertisement