Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DeWalt DCD776D2T- GB 18V 2.0Ah Li-Ion XR Cordless Combi Drill

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭cletus

jamesd wrote: »

Have it, great drill, I picked up a 10.5v dewalt impact driver to complement it. Between the two of them they do most all jobs around the house

• Registered Users Posts: 17,979 ✭✭✭✭rob316

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Bought a Fatmax like this a few years ago.  Didn't use it for over a year and when I did found the batteries were knackered.  Avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

jpfahy wrote: »
    Bought a Fatmax like this a few years ago.  Didn't use it for over a year and when I did found the batteries were knackered.  Avoid

Stanley power tools are just black and decker in a different shell, won't last at all. Dewalt are the same company too but they're aimed at pro's so should last longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

jpfahy wrote:
    Bought a Fatmax like this a few years ago. Didn't use it for over a year and when I did found the batteries were knackered. Avoid

Most batteries will be knackered if not charged for over a year. They self deplete and if go beyond a certain point they're shagged..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Have the dewalt a few years now used and abused great piece of kit yet to let me down both batteries still working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

SmallBalls wrote: »
    jpfahy wrote:
    Bought a Fatmax like this a few years ago. Didn't use it for over a year and when I did found the batteries were knackered. Avoid

Most batteries will be knackered if not charged for over a year. They self deplete and if go beyond a certain point they're shagged..
    That may be true but if so should have been mentioned in the instructions.  Incidentally I have an old cheap JCB drill that was left for longer but the batteries are still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

sioda wrote: »
    Have the dewalt a few years now used and abused great piece of kit yet to let me down both batteries still working.

Same here..... except the chuck eventually jammed after a lot of masonry work. It had done a lot at that stage but when fixed only works in 1st gear so I'll be investing here. Cheapest I've seen this model was €122 in B&Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

bduffy wrote: »
    Same here..... except the chuck eventually jammed after a lot of masonry work. It had done a lot at that stage but when fixed only works in 1st gear so I'll be investing here. Cheapest I've seen this model was €122 in B&Q.

i got it in B&Q recently for that price, its a great yoke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

Ordered mine now. Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭cletus

Considering you're getting two batteries with the drill, I'd really think about picking up a bare DeWalt impact driver later on when money allows. Having the two machines when drilling holes and driving screws is a revelation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

cletus wrote: »
    Considering you're getting two batteries with the drill, I'd really think about picking up a bare DeWalt impact driver later on when money allows. Having the two machines when drilling holes and driving screws is a revelation

Id be interested in one, will have a look on screwfix now and see what options there are.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

bduffy wrote: »

This dewalt is not suitable for masonry, it will drill into brick and breeze block and the likes but it will be slow, sds is what you want for that.
    Edit: I just saw these are only 2ah and it takes 90mins to charge. These are definitely a diy kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Yep good drill for DIY and great price thanks OP. If your after a better but more costlier perhaps this Makita 18v, 5amp , brush less.... 259GBP

https://www.toolstop.co.uk/makita-dhp484rtj-18v-cordless-li-ion-brushless-combi-drill-2-x-5ah-batteries-p73606

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Thanks OP, Just ordered one!

Advertisement