Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER DEAP Assessment Cork/West Cork Recommendations

Options
  • 18-02-2020 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello, Starting a new build in west cork and I'm looking for a BER assessor to do a preliminary assessment.

Please PM if you recommend someone. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 skibb man

Hi Brianwake, did you get any recommendation on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 brianwake

I used JOT Energy, I was very happy with him.
    snip

Thanks brianwake, is he based in Cork?
    Will the preliminary assessment be enough? will a final BER also be needed!

I'm hearing that some Assessors only do part L/ BER assessment before the build start and don't do an BER after the build?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,093 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

skibb man wrote: »
    Thanks brianwake, is he based in Cork?
    Will the preliminary assessment be enough? will a final BER also be needed!

I'm hearing that some Assessors only do part L/ BER assessment before the build start and don't do an BER after the build?

sounds like they are not registered assessors !!!

id be very wary about using anybody like this, as they are not accountable if they make calculation or assessment errors !!!

registered alright as i got their contact details off SEAI. Yes i think i will ring around.

Is a final BER cert looked for after construction?

• Advertisement

registered alright as i got their contact details off SEAI. Yes i think i will ring around.

Is a final BER cert looked for after construction?

yes

but as thats the certification stage, thats the stage where the assessor can be audited

an assessor cant be audited on a prelimary BER assessment where no cert is published.

what would be the normal sequence with relation to a new dwelling BER?
    Who needs to see the final BER?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Biker1

Once the house is finished the BER assessor will request the required information and will do a detailed survey of the house.
    Building Control may look for the BER and when looking for your final draw down from the bank they may insist on one.

what would be the normal sequence with relation to a new dwelling BER?
    Who needs to see the final BER?

possibly they main certifier, as proof of Part L compliance (under instruction from banks solicitors)
    possibly Building Control if they decided to follow your build

but anyway, the best time to get a BER is on completion of a new build, as then they actual construction spec / thermal bridge factor etc can be taken into account.

Its incredibly difficult to get a realistic BER a few years after construction

Advertisement